Chapter 33

*Savannah Above in case you wanted to know what she looks like*

EMOTIONAL CONTENT AHEAD!!

---

MacKenzie's POV

We walk around for an hour. Stopping in stores, trying to take our minds off of Brandon. After an hour Christine texts me saying we could come back and that they're letting us see Brandon. Hunter and I run as fast as we can back to the hospital when we get there we go straight to his room. He was beaten up pretty badly. I run to his side and hug him. "Brandon." I cry placing my hand on his arm. "How's my hair?" He asks laughing. I smile. "It's fine." I laugh messing with it. Tears fall down my cheeks. "Hey don't cry. I'm ok." He laughs wiping my tears. Hunter and Christine hug him and talk to him while I'm in the bathroom wiping my eyes and trying to stop myself from crying. That night I lay in on the hospital bed with him and cuddle with him. My head on his chest, his arms wrapped tightly around him. As he drifts off to sleep I mumble little things to him. "I love you so much" and "I'm so glad you're ok". In the middle of the night, nurses rush in and wake me up, telling me to move. I wake everyone up and watch as the doctors try to help Brandon. Christine was hysterical crying, Ashton was confused and Hunter and I were terrified. At 2 AM...

Brandon is pronounced dead.

I hug Christine as tears fall out of my eyes. "My baby!" She screams falling on the ground. "I lost my baby!" She screams. Hunter takes me into the hallway and hugs me tightly. I just cry. And I continue to cry for hours. "Hunter he's dead. He's really dead!" I cry. "HE DIED! HE'S DEAD! HE'S GONE! HE'LL NEVER COME BACK!" I scream curling into a ball. "HOW AM I GOING TO GET OVER THIS! I CAN'T MOVE ON! I can't live like this." I say the last part quietly. "Kenzie don't say that." He says hugging me tightly. I pull out my phone and text Savannah.
Kenz💖: Sav!
Sav✈: What's wrong Kenz?

Kenz💖: It's Brandon... He's... He's gone....

Sav✈: Oh My Gosh Kenz I'm so sorry. If you want you can text me the hospital and I'll come and comfort you.

I text her the address and continue to cry. After about 10 minutes Savannah texts me saying she's in the lobby. I run down to her and hug her tightly. "OH, Kenzie I'm so sorry." She says rubbing my hair. "I... I couldn't do anything about it... He's just.... Gone." I cry. "I'm so so sorry." She whispers. An hour later she leaves and I go back to the room. Christine is crying still and so is Ashton. "I.. I'm gonna go to a store and get some food for everyone," I say wiping my eyes. "I'll come with you," Hunter says. "No.. Stay here with your mom," I say hugging him and kissing his forehead. He nods and lets me walk out. I walk to the nearest convenience store and walk in. I buy food and then razor blades. I pay and then walk out of the store. My mind pictures Brandon's arm. The scar of my name. I mirror that on my own arm, but with his name and instead of a slash through the heart I put a really deep cross inside it. I take a towel I bought and wrap my bleeding arm in it. I take my jacket from around my waist and put it on. Then I go to the hospital and give everyone their food. I walk into the bathroom and look at the bloody towel. Hunter knocks on the door and when I don't answer he walks in and sees my wrist. "Kenzie." He sighs. I knew he understood. "It looks just like the one on his wrist," I cry looking down at it. He nods. "You're not going to yell at me?" I ask looking at him. "I don't support you doing this but I understand. You think that that will connect you to Brandon..." He says hugging me. I cry, holding him in my arms and watch as every memory with Brandon flashes through my mind. God I'll miss him so much. I don't know what I'll do without him. One thing I do know is that I will never forget Brandon Ryan Rowland.

----

OMG DON'T KILL ME!! I'M SORRY!!

I'M ACTUALLY CRYING!!

I LOVE YOU