Chapter 9. Wolf

"Hello?" Kagamine Rin called out as she stuck her head round the door. "No-one here." She sighed. 

"Rin?" Kaito called out from the other side of the corridor. "Is that you?"

"Yeah, Kaito-san?"

"I found the exit, it's in this room here. Go and find SeeU and Meiko. I'm going to get Neru's phone. We can call the police when we get out."

"Oh. Do you know which room they're in?"

"Umm, try the first door on the left. That's the only room I haven't tried yet."

Kaito took his knife from his pocket and opened it just in case. He followed the corridor down to the stairs, where he entered the room where he woke up. He picked up the phone where Meiko had dropped it earlier. 

Ping! One new message. 

Hello Kaito. It read.

Kaito grit his teeth and snapped the phone shut. "How the hell do they know?" He muttered angrily.

He marched down the stairs, knife still in hand, before being attacked by a person in a rabbit mask.

The wolf slashed at him with his axe, however Kaito managed to kick the wolf in the stomach, causing the wolf to stagger back and drop his weapon. 

This didn't affect him, however as he ran towards Kaito with a small knife.

"GAAHH!!" Kaito screamed as the Wolf's scalpel slashed his cheek. He thrusted his own knife into the wolf's shoulder.

Kaito took advantage of the wolf's distraction, tearing off the haunting rabbit mask to find out who he really was.

"Kaito!" Meiko called out. She stopped in her tracks as she saw who the wolf really was.