Chapter 5. Profile

Beep! Gumi scanned the barcode on her shoulder, and let herself into the room. 

"What the hell...?" She wondered aloud as she took in the boxes of scalpels and weapons leaned up against the wall. Picking up a folder to examine the contents, Gumi discovered that everyone at the meet-up earlier had their picture in there, along with their personal details. 

Akita Neru, age 17... Hatsune Miku, age 16... Hiroto Oliver, age 14...

"Oliver... Why does that sound familiar? Hiroto Oliver..." Gumi repeated the name to herself.

'Everyone's here now, my friends Oliver and Yukari weren't able to come, though...'

 "Oh," Gumi said flatly as she remembered. "Maybe Yukari-san's photo is in here too?"

Yuzuki Yukari, age 17. The photograph of a mauve-haired girl with pigtails.

Gumi sighed in exhaustion and flipped to her own name. "Where did they get these pictures from --?" She froze, realising something odd. 

Kagamine, Kwon, Megurine... There was a missing name.

Kamui Gakupo would have been found between Kagamine Rin and Kwon SeeU, if it was in alphabetical order. She flicked through the folder several times, but still couldn't find Gakupo's name. She picked up another folder, and another, and another still, just in case he was in another, but she still had no luck finding him.

This discovery unsettled her. Gumi backed up to the shelf behind her and kicked something round with her heel. Looking round, she found along the bottom row of the shelf, there were a set of disfigured rabbit mascot heads. 

"GYYYAAAAAAHH!!" She screamed as she recognised them. Realising they were just masks, she scoffed at her own reaction. She looked up and noticed behind the shelves was a window. She smiled softly to herself, staring up at the moon, the feeling of claustrophobia fading away. Maybe there was a way out after all.

She clambered up onto the shelf, like a stepladder, reaching for the window. Longing for freedom, she brushed her fingers against the cool, smooth glass, but the fact that there were iron bars blocking off her way came to her attention.

Gumi sighed and hopped back down, deciding to tell everyone about her new discovery. After dusting herself off, she opened the door and went in seach of the others.