Chapter 1. Teahouse

"Aha!! The wolf wins again!!" Miku cheered, thrusting her phone into the air. She looked around at the faces staring at her, only just remembering that she was waiting outside Shibuya station. "Oh." 

"Excuse me? Hatsune-san?" a twenty-something year-old woman with short, brown hair and very big breasts popped up from behind the statue of Hachiko and approached the girl playing on her phone. 

"Yep! It's a pleasure to meet you!" Miku grinned at the girl. "We're actually the only ones here so far!"

"I'm Sakine Meiko! It's nice to meet you too!!" Meiko turned to the blue-haired boy standing behind her. "Hatsune-san, this is Kaito!" 

Kaito gave Miku one of the widest smiles she had ever seen. "It's really nice to meet you!"

The trio began conversing as a shy girl with blonde hair and cat ears approached them. "Konnichi...wa, I... am SeeU." The girl was obviously struggling with speaking Japanese. "You are Miku-ssi?"

"Yes! It's nice to meet you!" 

SeeU thought about this phrase for a few seconds. When she couldn't manage to translate the phrase, she smiled politely and nodded once. 

"Miku nee-chaaaaaaaan ~!!!" The four looked up at hyperactive blonde twins and someone who looked like their older sister in tow behind them. 

"Uh-oh." 

The twins ran to and immediately tackled the girl with the green pigtails. "That was my solarplexus." Miku gasped for air as she held the boy and girl at arms' length. 

It was only then the dynamic duo then turned to acknowledge the new additions to their meet-up, and promptly gave their famous greeting in unison, "Hiii!! I'm Rin! I'm Len! And this is Neru-chaaan!!"

Miku peered over at the blonde girl with the side-ponytail, who's eyes were glued to the screen of her phone. "Whatcha playing, Neru?" 

"Guess." Neru looked up from her phone, grinning mischievously. Rin gasped, appearing beside Miku. "Rabbit Doubt!!"

"Wow, this is a pretty big meet-up!" A girl with pink hair chimed to a boy with long, purple hair tied in a ponytail. "Sorry we're a bit late. I'm Megurine Luka, it's a pleasure to meet you all!!" 

"I'm Kamui Gakupo, it's nice to meet you also!" The boy saluted. 

The rest of the group looked  at the third girl with the short green hair, who was reluctantly following Gakupo and Luka, expecting her to say something. 

"Oh. I'm Gumi..." She folded her arms and stared into the distance, looking as though she really wanted to be anywhere else. 

"Err... If that's all?" Miku started unsurely, eyeing the strange girl. "Um, everyone's here now, my friends Oliver and Yukari weren't able to come, though, becuase they had to help Haku with a crisis, or something...." She clapped her hands as if the sound would bring her back to the main topic. "Anyway! What do you guys want to do?"

SeeU looked up and pointed down the road. "Teahouse?" 

"Oh, that's a good idea!! SeeU suggested a teahouse!!" Meiko said. The others nodded and mumbled in agreement. 

"Okie dokie!! Teahouse it is!!" 

***

Kaito looked at the girl sleeping on his shoulder, smiling to himself. "Meiko!" he hissed to the girl sitting opposite him, trying his hardest not to wake SeeU. "She's so cute!!" 

"You luuuuuuuve her!!" Meiko jested. "It's really obvious you like her!"

Kaito flushed pink. "I DO NOT!!!" He denied loudly. He turned to his left to check if he woke her up, however she continued to sleep like the dead. 

Meiko took a sip of sake and yawned. "Actually, I am beginning to feel a little sleepy myself..." she looked around and saw everyone else from the meet-up slumped over, sleeping. "I wondered...why it was so...quiet..."

Smash! Kaito dropped his sundae glass as he fell onto the floor. His body and eyelids felt heavy, and just before everything swirled to black, he just caught a glimpse of a grotesque rabbit mask, its wearer carrying a blood-stained crowbar...