Chapter 6. Rabbit

"H-huh?" Luka found an open door. Pushing it open, she saw the edge of Miku's skirt poking out of an unlocked toilet cubicle. This must be the bathroom, then, she thought. "Miku-san!" Luka called out. Gachak! The door locked behind her. 

"Mi--!" The girl's head rolled off her shoulders, as Luka reached out towards her. "What's going on?" All Luka could manage was nothing more than a choked whisper.

The pink-haired girl slowly turned around, only to be greeted by a person carrying an axe and in a rabbit mask. The mask was very similar to one you would find on a football team's mascot, but botched and blood-spattered.

She screamed as the blade landed in her jugular, the merciless wolf then grabbed her hair and continued to sever her head from her shoulders.

Luka choked as she coughed up blood, the red dripping from her lips and spilling onto the floor. One final blow to the neck and the wolf dumped her lifeless, headless body next to Miku's.

***

"Look, dude, I'm gonna have to leave you here for a bit. I've got to find Meiko and SeeU." Kaito explained to Gakupo apologetically. "But I'll be back, I promise! Just a few minutes!"

"Okay, hurry up, though." Gakupo grinned to his newly-made friend.

Kaito grinned back. "Don't worry. Here --" Kaito chucked a spring-open knife to him. "It's to protect yourself with. I've got my own one. Y'know, you're a nice guy, Gaku-kun. I'm sorry things had to end like this."

"I can say the same about you. Hurry up, okay?" Gakupo called after him as Kaito disappeared down the corridor. 

Silence fell and Gakupo cleared his throat to break it. He wandered over to the bathroom, curious to find someone else there. He reached out for the doorknob,  and opened the door, revealing the carnage that lay inside. 

He clapped a hand to his mouth and fought the urge to vomit. He backed away from the scene, and bumped into a figure standing behind him. 

He turned round to see Gumi standing there, blandly staring at the bloody mess inside the bathroom. 

"You! You were here all along, weren't you?" He asked her, his hands shaking and stomach churning. "You killed them, and now you're going to kill all of us here." He opened up his knife behind his back.  "It's you. You're the wolf."