.•°4°•.

-Thanks for an awesome night Buttercup, we should do it again some time, you know without the family :) xxx Carter.

Jasper must've given my number to him...I smile as I look down at the message. We got home a few minutes ago and I'd be lying if I said that I didn't have a crush on Carter.

-I had a great time too, definitely need to do it again! xxx Aimee.

After my little outburst, Jasper took me inside to find my very teary-eyed mom, she kept on apologising but I knew it was all an act. After dessert, Jasper got a booty call, well that's what Carter said, which resulted in a very un-lady like snort. Carter took me outside and we sat on the front steps. We spoke for goodness knows how long and I can honestly say he's the sweetest guy I've ever met.

-Me, you and the sunset this Friday, you up for this date gorgeous? xxx

My heart leaps at his message.
He wants to take me on a date? Is he blind
I blush and type my answer quicker than you could say ecstatic.

-I'd love to, pick me up at 8? xxx

I got a reply almost instantly.

-Dress warm buttercup, 8 it is :) xxx

I climb into bed and wrap myself up into a cocoon of fuzzy, warm blankets before I reply to his message.

-G'night xxx

Buzz Buzz.

-Goodnight buttercup xxx

I drift off into a deep slumber, smiling as I recall the only guy on my mind.
Oh how I can't wait for Friday....

*********

It's Thursday. The only thing on my mind is the sunset date with Carter tomorrow and the fact that I still don't know what to wear.

Hoot hoot*

"What the...?" My eyes make their way out the kitchen window to an unknown green truck in my driveway.

A notification from Chad comes through.
-It's me Aimsie.

My smile turns even wider as I dash through my house to collect my things, I exit the front door and throw a quick kiss and goodbye to mom before I make my way to the old green object in my driveway.

Chad beams as I climb into the passenger seat.

"What you think?" Chad practically squeals with a silly smile on his face.

"Well, I mean it is kinda old..." I say feeling extra confident today.

"What the fuck, did my Aimsie just attempt to make a joke ?" He asks slyly while starting the truck.

I roll my eyes at his reply and look out the window smiling.
"Im going on a date tomorrow Chaddie..." I whisper still smiling.

My head slams forward as the truck screeches to a halt. I look at Chad and an unknown emotion flashes through his eyes, before I could decipher the emotion he covers it up with shock.

"What? Who? When? How did this happen?" He screams.

"Well his na-" I'm cut off by a very girly squeal.

"Oh my soul Aimeeeeeeeeeeeeee I'm so proud of you!" He gushes while restarting the truck.

I blush and look out the window feeling very happy and warm and surprisingly very confident.