Chapter 2

(A/N First off: So sorry for the delay update, finals are getting closer and so more work piles up so I will try to update as soon as I'm free! Two: Guys this story has 65 reads! Yay! (Hands out cookies to everyone) Three thank you to everyone to commented voted etc. Four: My shout of the day goes to these three lovely readers, Flaminunicornofdeath, Creativecliche and maydaymonkey!

So please continue to read, vote and comment on the chapters and I'll give shout outs to y'all ok? Deal? Great! Oh and Feel free to message me if you want, I'm always up for talking!

OK Peace!

______________________________________________________________________________

Up until recently, Meredith has only been a name. She never had a face to her name, she was just some women who gave birth to me and left, never looking back at her only child. Seeing her now, made me almost want to hate her, hate her for leaving my dad and I behind, leaving me behind. But as much as everyone else, we can't change our past, only our future.

As we continued our long drive I wondered to myself exactly what Meredith wanted. Why now, after sixteen years, did she want to spend time with me. I hard as I wanted to believe, I knew there had to be some reason for it and I had a bad feeling it wasn't a very good one.

She stared at me with her crystal blue eyes studying me like an insect under a magnifying glass. I continued to stare aimlessly out the window, avoiding her gaze.

She reached down and smoothed out the invisible creases in her slim black dress, her legs crossed delicately and her heels gleamed as if they were freshly bought.

Soon we passed a sign saying 'Welcome to Peachville. Home of the Peachville Demon."

As we grew further into the depths of the town, I took noticed of its attire.

The town was immaculate with red brick sidewalks, lush green trees planted along the road, fresh paint in pretty pastels, and thriving businesses. I never expected it to be this beautiful. As I passed by I saw parents walking in and out of stores, talking among themselves, children playing along the sidewalk, as owners and their dogs flaunted the streets. The cars were fresh and clean, giving that posh sense to them. Many of the teenagers and kids that were walking around were dressed in preppy school uniforms, and no doubt in my mind they finished school. Many gazes washed over the car, some in envy, some in adoration, and some just shrugged it off, as if it was normal to see.

As we passed downtown Peachville, Meredith had broken the barrier between us.

"Before we get to the house, I should probably lay something out in the open." She said, shifting her weight in the seat.

"Ok." was all i could manage.

"I have another daughter, her name is Maeve." She explained and I felt my eyes widen and my heart skip a beat. Wait, when did this happen? As far as I knew I was an only child, well apart from Ceci.

"She's your half-sister. After I left your father, I got lonely by myself but I didn't think your dad wanted to see me and you were only a baby still so I adopted my own." After that it became another silent barrier.

We approached a gateway with a freshly moss colored sign that read 'Brighton Villa."

As we entered, rows of champagne colored houses and wide as my old one stood in line, each lined perfectly, like a picture. The grass was green and flowers were painted in pretty pastels. The whole neighborhood just screamed 'rich people'. Limos and other expensive looking cars roamed the street way and kids in the preppy uniform walked along the side walk. As we came to a stop on the cul-da-sac, a house twice the size of these houses stood tall. It was a nice champagne color, like the rest of the house with cobblestone driveway and freshly mowed grass and trimmed hedges. A beautiful fountain stood in the middle of the driveway.

The limo came to a stop and the man came around, opening the door for Meredith and I, and she swiftly walked pasted him, no thank you in return.

The inside was just as gorgoues as the outside. There was a long hallway with a grand staircase leading upstairs and a small table holding a type of plant stood in the middle. There were two entrance ways to other rooms.

"Ella Mae!" Meredith called, and soon a women in her late thirties in a maid outfit scurried out.

"Can you get Maeve for me and take Clarke's things to her room. Oh and call Ms. Winters, we need to discuss the details for the party tonight." The maid nodded and scurried off to fulfill her task.

"A party?" I asked as Meredith led me to a large living area, it wasn't somewhere you would watch tv and each junk food but more of a formal gathering sort of area. Meredith sat down on one of the couches and guestered for me to sit.

"Yes, of course. Your introduction party. I want you to be able to meet everyone." Meredith said as if it was a casual thing. From what I gathered so far, Meredith seemed like that type of person to flaunt of her money like a parade, unlike my father, who would be graceful about it. I'm starting to see why they divorced.

Soon a tall, slender girl with blonde hair and hazel eyes came into the room. She wore a dark navy blue jacket with embellishments on them, there was a plain white top underneith a dark blue skirt and tan heels. Her blonde hair cascaded down her shoulders, the ringlets bouncing. Her hazel eyes seemed cold as they gazed between Meredith and I.

"Maeve, this is Clarke. Your Step-sister." Maeve, eyes turned to me and it hit my like a cold front, sending a shiver up my spine. I got up and walked over to her. "Hi." I extended my hand as a peace offering but she merely looked down and scoffed before turning to leave.

"Maeve is just ajusting to this. Don't take it personally." Meredith said in a slight bitter tone but I ignored it. I feel for Maeve. A radnom girl she's never ment came into her house, I would be suprised if she didn't act that way.

"Well now thats over, why don't we get on with some ground coverage. Lets go upstairs to your room." Meredith got up and walked away letting me trail behind.

After a flight of stair and a long corridor we came to the end of the hallway. The door was a simple white with 'Clarke' written in a pretty lavender.

Now back at my old house, my room was big but this was HUGE.

The floor was polished, llowing me to see my own reflection. The wall was a brink decor, making the illiusion of an apartment building. There was a small kitchen area on one side of the room next to a balcony window that over looked the cul-da-sac. A small wall seperated the bed and had a curtain around for privacy and a book shelf lined the walls. Their was a staircase that led up to a small loft area. There were different neon signs around the room.

"Do you like it?" Your father said you weren't the 'girly' type so I thought this apartment setting was better." For once in my time with Meredith she gave me a reason not to fully hate her. At least she tried to appeal to me.

We walked over to the kitchen area and Meredith sat down at the counter as I sat across from her.

'I already have your school uniform placed in your closet, and here is your scheduel and panflit for the school. Now there are some rules we need to establish. First off, papparzzi. They will be on you a lot since your new, thats why I've taken the liberty of having someone watch you so the papparazzi doesn;t swarm you."

Meredith went on with typical parenting rules, be in on curefew, study before anything else, not parties with permission etc. Soon she left to attend more details on my 'party' and left me to my self. I went over to my bed and shut the curtains and laid down on my bed, closing my eyes for a rest.

______________________________________________________________________________

So? Better? Worse? Too long? Boring? I apoligize but I had to do those long annoying description so you understand characters and whast going on. Next chapter will start getting to the juciy bits! So vote, comment etc, ok?