Chapter 3

(A/N) Hello my lovely followers! Ok so I got like two/three announcement before we get underway! One: I really feel like followers is boring and want to create names for my followers so if you have any ideas message me! Two: I am having a cast call for some characters in the story. I need a clone for Maeve and and friend for Clarke. So if you have a good idea for character tell me. I'll put the form on the bottom! Thirdly: MY shoutout goes to kirstyt98, Arimid, Mesha_Shushan, Tanvi Sahni12 for following me and just being lovely! Ok so here is chapter 3!
______________________________________________________________

Later, after my cat nap. I took the time to place some of my clothes in the closet but found it had already been filled with clothes. Pretty pastels, dark, alluring colors and fancy fabrics lined the walls of the closet and shoes miles long line the floor. I ran my fingers along the outskirts of them, my fingers ghosting over, fearing they would fall apart if they were to be touch. I brought my duffle bag full of clothes towards the back of the small room and set it down.

I decided to explore what would know be my new room. I stepped out the door to find Maeve. She was out of her uniform and wore dark jeans and a airy cream shirt.

"Uh....hey." I said, uncertain of what to say, or do for that matter. She chewed her gum loudly as she muttered a hey.

"Listen. If you think that just because we're step sisters doesn't mean that we're best friends now. Just stay out of my way, and life will be smooth here. Got it." I'd like to say she was treating me but the tone in her voice just hinted at her annoyance. With a curt nod from me she turned on her heels and stormed back down the stairs leaving me both shocked and confused

***

I stood in a smaller room away from everyone, waiting for Meredith to come announce me. In the back of my mind, Maeve's comment still lingered but it was so faint I hadn't thought about till I heard the commotion of people downstairs. The party was held in Peachville Country Club. It was luxurious and grand, perfect for a rich people party. It not like I wasn't use to it but still, I was fascinated by the architecture.

I stared at myself in the mirror. I adorned a dark blue dress. It ended at the knees, the neckline swooped down so my straps fell onto my shoulders. I had black heels on and a diamond chandler necklace.

"Hello everyone." Meredith started, speaking elegantly into the mic.

Here we go.

"I would like to thank everyone for coming tonight, it truly means a lot to both Maeve and I" listening to Meredith made me question once again why she was doing this. I mean, I appreciate her trying to help me make friends and stuff but this was a little too much?

Wasn't it?

"And now I would like to welcome my new addition to the family. My lovely daughter Clarke." Meredith announce gesturing for me to come out. I shy out, looking at the sea of faces, a delicate wave of claps exhumed from the group but died soon. The music resumed, many danced as soon as it came on.

Meredith introduced me to some friends and clients of hers before she was whisked away by some rich CEO, leaving me alone in this mass conjunction of wealthy businessmen and heiress.

I walked over towards the refreshment table and looked at all the yummy food, causing my mouth to water. Out of the corner of my eye I saw Maeve and some friends, laughing delicately. Their little click screamed posh and 'Were much better then everyone because we have money.' I wanted to walk over to her, but remembering Maeve and I'se conversation, if you could even call it that. Made me think other wise.

Out of no where a rather large body collided with mine, causing me to stumble.

"Oh, sorry." The voice apologize and I recognized it as a male's voice.

"It's ok." I retaliated and for a moment we stood in an awkward silence.

"My names Bryce. Bryce Novak." He extended his hand for me, which caused my hand to be swallowed by his.

"I'm Clarke." I introduced myself. Out of the corner of my eye I could see Maeve and her friends. She rolled her eyes and scoffed before turning back to her friends and some boys.

"I know. Your the guest of honor here." He chuckled slightly with it. He was defiantly different then the others. They were al stuck up snotty richies. He was All-American-Pretty boy

"Ya Unfortunately. I don't really understand why Meredith went so big for me." I scanned the room of people.

"Well Meredith likes to flaunt of what she has. My mom's the same way." Bryce explained. Before I could say any more. Meredith emerge from the crowed, flanked by a young couple.

"Clarke! Clarke! Clar-Oh hello Bryce." Meredith said stopping in her tracks. "I see your already acquainted with one Novak. This is Bryce's parents Kelly and Richard." She introduce the two and I uttered a small hi. 

"Meredith has told us sooo much about you." Kelly said in a high voice, her smile fake and somewhat creepy. 

A waltzing song came on and couple came together, joinging as one. Bryce and me stood next to each other in awkwardness and he glance nervously at his parents. I saw Kelly look wide eyed at her son in instruction and no later did Bryce ask me to dance.

We glided across the floor. 

"Um, sorry about my mom, she sometimes gets over friendly." I was shocked at Bryce's comment. "I saw the way you looked at her when she smiled." I smiled, letting loose a little. 

"So will you be going to Peachville Prepatory?" Bryce ask as he span me around. I nodded. The song ended and we parted ways. 

By the end of the night I was so tired, i didnt want to take off my dress but was force to since it had to be clean out. I got into some pj's and let myself sink into the bed. 

_______________________________________________________________________________

So tell me what you guys thought about it!