Chapter 4

(A/N) Hello my fellow readers! So two things. One sorry for the long wait! Schools narrowing down and I got a lot of finals and projects to do so I'm gonna try to update as soon as possible! Two please vote and comment on this story so I know what I'm doing good at and what I'm sucking at! Ok that's it!

~TheAllternateSide

_____________________________________________________________

Maeve and I sat opposite each other in the limo on our way to school. We avoided eye contact, or any contact for that matter. I wished I could connect with Maeve but clearly she didn't want anything to do with me. I just looked lazily through the school pamphlet which made my stomach drop. 

I had gone to a public school back home and I was not prepared for Peachville Preparatory. It look luxurious and expensive, and yet old and sophisticated, making my heart beat faster. I wasn't ready to face a school full of rich, stuck up teenagers. 

Both Maeve and I jumped when we heard screaming and shouting from outside the limo. Reports miles long lined the car, trying to get inside pictures of the two of us. 

"I've never seen this many of them at once.." Maeve muttered to herself as we stared at the windows. 

"Don't worry girls, the Principle already has security waiting to escort you to the building." The driver said, driving through the herd of reporters. As we came towards the entrance, students, all in the same uniform, watched the on going scene but eventually found something else more attentive. 

Four men dressed in all black addresses the car, opening the door and Maeve jumped out immediately, waltzing up the stairs despite the men's calls and the reporters taking pictures. 

I followed the men up the stairwell to the inside of the school and as soon as I was in the fortitude of the building the quickly walked away, leaving me alone. 

Students stared as I walked by and I felt slightly uncomfortable as I tried to find my first class. 

"Hey Clarke!" I turned to see Bryce, adorning a dark blue shirt and black pants and a blue and white varsity football jacket. 

"Hey.." I mumbled, giving him a awkward wave. 

"Whats up?" He asked, me, jamming his hands into the pockets of his jackets. I shrugged my shoulders, "Nothing much, just kinda getting used to the school." 

"Ya it is pretty big." He answered, leading me over to a group of boys and girls. All the boys wore the same jackets as well as some of the girls. 

'Hey guys this is Clarke." Bryce introduced. Some of the boys winked or gave that boy head nod and the girls giggled and squeaked out hi's.

"Your Maeve step sister aren't you?" A girl with blonde hair and brown eyes asked. I recognized her from the party as one of Maeve's friends. I nodded, not fully sure on what to do.

"I didn't know you two were sister." A boy asked.

'Niether did I..." I mumbled. We spent the next few minutes talking about classes, what I'd like and hate, what teachers were horrible.It was normal, teenage talk. Maybe this won't be so bad after all.

                                                                                ***

By lunch I was ready to stick a fork in someone. Turns out this school is even rich and snobbier then I thought, if that was even possible. The girls were bitchy and materialistic and the boys were meat head jocks. I didn't know what was worse Meredith or this school.

As I walked to lunch I was in shock at the major food court. There were a couple of choices of lunches and the lines piled and stretched. I stood there in awe until I was interrupted by a hand on the small of my back. 

"Hey Clarke!" I looked up to see Bryce. 

"Uh...hey." I said, trying to ignore the fact he had his hand on my back, a little low there I might add.

"Come on we have a seat waiting for you at our table." Their table? Greaaat....

It was a table in the center of the gigantic room. Maeve had made her self present at the table as well as her two friends, some of the jocks I met today and some other girls. There were two empty chairs next to each other.

The group said greeted me, except for Maeve and her friends who eyed me down. I think I just made an enemy, or three enemies but at this point I was so god damn tired I didn't even care. 

By the end of lunch I had wanted to shoot myself. All they talked about was sports, parties who was with who, who had more money, all that stereotypical rich kid stuff in books and movies was the talk of the table.  On top of that Bryce's hand tried to slide onto my thigh twice and he tried to grab my hand. I don't know what game he was playing but he was dangerously close to losing that hand. 

I ended up walking home that day after school. After we had left the vicinity of the school I told the limo driver to stop, saying I wanted to walk home. He was unsure of what to do but Maeve just told him to drive and he had to obey, leaving me stranded. 

I placed my earbud in my ears and walked quietly along the sidewalk, admiring the sunny streets, beautiful flowers and variety of people as they pass by. 

"Oof!" I grunted as I collided with a broad chest, causing my ear buds to fall from my ear.  

"Oh shit sorry.." He mumbled, grabbing my arms to keep me from falling on my ass. 

I met his gaze and he has the most beautiful shade of golden eyes I have ever seen. His hair was gelled up a little bit but was in that mess 'looks like I just had sex' kind of style. He wore a dark v-veck shirt and dark blue skinny jeans.

'Um...thanks...I should have watched where I was going." I apologized to him and he chuckled. 

"Its ok." He assured me. We stood there, in perfect content. Two strangers lost in time as we smiled and chuckled a little at the lost of words.

______________________________________________________________________________

Hey guys sorry it was a long updat like I said, school narrowing down so its hard to balence. I was having somewhat of writers block towards the end so sorry it was crappy. So vote and comment. Also I'm starting a new story called 'Three people, One Body." I'm gonna post the preview sometime later today hopefully.