II.

Y/n's POV

I'm having a huge argument with my mind right now, I think I'm going crazy. The woman beside me is already occupied my thoughts even though we've just met a few minutes ago.

Deciding to break the comfortable silence between us I looked up at her, "so Gal, how did you end up on a roof surrounded by those freaks?" Gal looked at me with a small smile on her face, "I was running away from the previous group that I was in until a heard of zombies appeared and devoured some of the men chasing after me. One guy escaped though, and I fear that he might find me again." said Gal.

I looked at her once more wanting to know more about what she said, "why are they chasing after you?" I asked once more.

"They— they wanted me. They wanted to kill me and eat my flesh. They were so hungry, they started to eat their weakest members just to survive. I came across their path. At first I thought they were friendly and safe to be with but then after a few days I overheard them talking about killing me..."

Gal shakes her head and continues "... not just me but the other defenseless people on their group. I got scared for my life and ran away, I could've saved the others but I was so scared especially when they were chasing after me." Gal finished.

I saw a tear fell down from her eyes and decided to wipe it away with my thumb.

"Hey, don't worry. It's not your fault Gal, you were scared. You may have not saved those defenseless people but at least we know that their sufferings are over. You're safe now. I won't let anyone hurt you. You'll be safe in our camp, we'll all help each other and live peacefully until we find a way to end this apocalypse." I smiled at the angelic woman in front of me reassuring her.

I felt her arms wrapped around my body, I snaked my arms to her waist hugging her, resting my head on her chest.

"Thank you y/n." I heard her whisper. I smiled brightly and her and whispers a quiet welcome.

— — — — — — — — —
(Back at the camp still y/n's POV)

As me and Gal arrive at the gates of the camp I saw my uncle looking worried and talking to our runners, he's probably about to order for them to look for me. I chuckled to myself and called for him. "Y/un!" I waved at him smiling and he started running to us engulfing me in a tight hug.

"I was worried about you y/n! Please don't ever wander off again at night. You know how dangerous it is out there!" I chuckled once more at my uncle.

"I promise uncle y/un, that will be the last time I'll be wandering off alone at night." I said as I motioned for Gal to stand next to me. "Uncle, this is Gal. I saw her trapped in a roof surrounded by freaks, I can't leave her behind she has nowhere to go to. Do you think we have room for one more?"

My uncle looked at Gal with an emotionless face but then smiled immediately and welcomed her with open arms. "Of course she's welcome here, I can see you guys have already established a friendship." said y/un "but since almost every room in the camp is occupied, will it be okay for you y/n to share your room with Gal even just for a little while?" He continued as he waits for my reply.

"Of course uncle y/un, that's fine with me" I answered. "Would it be fine with you Gal?" I looked at her hoping she would say yes. Who am I kidding though, why would a gorgeous girl like Gal would want to room with someone like me?

My thoughts were interrupted by Gal's angelic voice. "Of course it's more than fine. Thank you for letting me stay." She smiles at y/un and hugs me as a sign of gratitude.

I was glad to know that Gal will be rooming with me. Thinking of sleeping next to her makes me so excited, but why? I think I'm going crazy again. I can't contain this feeling inside me, it's like I want to jump because of happiness. Shaking my thoughts away, I motioned Gal to follow me to my— our room. I gave her clothes that she could change into and led her to the bathroom.

While waiting for Gal, I decided to go back to our room and change my clothes. After that I went on the bed to lay down thinking about how eventful my day is. Looking up at the ceiling, my eyelids starts to get heavy making me fall into a peaceful slumber.

— — — — — — — — —
Author's note:

I'm so busy with college, it's making me crazy. All this deadlines and examination, finals and quizzes are draining the life out of me.

Anyways I hope you enjoy this kinda shitty chapter.
Thank you ❤️
- Acoline