XXVIII

Katies's POV

I woke up with a horrible pain in my thigh. I looked around and I realized that I was back at the camp with y/n next to me sleeping soundly with tears stains on her face. I can't help but feel bad, I didn't mean to worry her.

I stared at her beautiful face. She looks so peaceful when she's asleep. No doubt when she wakes up she'll give me one of her infamous lecturings.

I chuckled to myself imagining different scenarios on how it's gonna happen. Trying to sit up, I groaned at the pain that I felt. This caused for y/n to stir in her sleep and wake up.

"Katie, you're awake! Thank heavens." She said after seeing me as if she hadn't been to sleep just seconds ago.

"You made me worry. I had a bad feeling about you going but you insisted... and now you got shot. I'm never going to let you leave my sight ever again." She added tearing up.

Before she could lecture me even more. I pulled her close to me, kissing her on the lips.

"I'm just glad I'm alive and safe here with you." I told her smiling after pulling away from the kiss.

Y/n nodded as she wipes her tears.

"Don't ever scare me like that again. I can't lose you." She said.

I nodded at her as I held her hand.

"How long was I out?" I asked her.

"Just a few hours. Tom said you lost a lot of blood. Thankfully the wound was not that deep but we still need to keep you in bed just to be sure there will no infections." She explained.

I nodded at her as she continues to explain everything that happened while I was out, caressing the back of her hand, I listened to every word she said.

"One more thing... while you were gone something happened. Promise me that you'll remain calm and let me explain. Is that okay?" She asked me.

"Should I be worried?" I asked her.

"No, not at all. But just promise me that you'll hear me out first." She said.

"Okay." I told her sighing.

Waiting for her to speak up, I looked straight into her eyes.

"Gal kissed me." She said.

"Pardon?" I asked her, not believing what I've heard.

"Gal... she kissed me." She said again, more clearer this time.

"SHE WHAT?!" I shouted. My blood boiled at y/n words. The audacity of that woman.

"I SWEAR TO GOD Y/N I AM GONNA FUCKING KICK HER ASS SO FUCKING HARD, HER BABY'S GONNA MOVE OUT OF HER MOTHER FUCKING WOMB." I shouted louder not caring if everyone can here me.

As if on cue, Tom, Peter, and Gal burst inside the room.

"I'M GOING TO FUCKING KILL YOU, YOU MOTHER FUCKER YOU HAVE NO RIGHT TO KISS MY FUCKING GIRLFRIEND! COME AT ME, I'M GONNA KICK YOUR SORRY ASS WITH MY WOUNDED LEG!" I shouted at Gal's face trying to get out of bed so Incould beat Gal' ass, not caring for the pain I'm feeling in my thigh.

"Babe! You said you'd calm down!" Y/n said clearly panicking while trying to get me to stay in bed.

"She fucking kissed you, y/n!" I told her as jealousy is slowly taking over me.

Before I could even move further, I felt y/n's hand on both side of my cheek making me face her. I was about to say something when I felt her lips on mine. In an instant, all my jealousy went away as I slowly melt into her touch, feeling butterflies errupt in my stomach.

x

Gal's POV

Seeing y/n kiss Katie is breaking my heart. I couldn't watch them any further so I walked out of my room.

Wiping my tears, I didn't realize that Tom and Peter have already followed me.

"You just have to do that, do you?" Tom told me, incredibly mad at what I've done.

"The first chance you've got in being alone in a room with y/n, you go and kiss her. You're unbelievable and incredibly selfish, Gal." Tom added.

Peter stood behind him not knowing what to say. Determined not to explain myself, I retreated to my bedroom crying at what I've done.

How can I be so stupid. I no longer have a place in y/n's heart. I've ruined the chances of us being happy together again the day I gave up on finding her.

I need to stop this. Tom is right, it's time for me to stop being so selfish and just think about my baby and its need to have a complete family.

Enough is enough.

x

Y/n's POV

Pulling away from our incredible kiss, I looked at Katie's emerald eyes.

"Are you going to let me explain now?" I asked her smiling, still amused on her reaction at what I've told her.

Katie nodded and I helped her sit back on the bed properly again.

"Gal told me the she's still in love with me, but I told her that I'm already happy with you, and that there is not chance for us to be together again because I've already moved on. She didn't took "no" for an answer then she caught me off guard by kissing her." I told her still staring at her looking for any sign of anger.

Katie nodded at my explanation and sighed.

"I'm still kicking her ass though after she gives birth." Katie stated.

I chuckled at her attempt of threatening Gal. This girl is really something, making her jealous can be really entertaining.

"I promise, the next time she kisses me, I'll definitely let you kick her butt." I said laughing.

"HELL NO WOMAN! OVER MY DEAD ZOMBIE BODIE! THE ONLY THING THAT SHE'LL BE KISSING IS MY FISTS." She shouted again.

Not being able to control it anymore, I bursted out laughing at her jealous reaction.

After calmig down, I stared at her beautiful face as I caress her cheek.

"I really do love you so much Katherine Elizabeth McGrath." I said, kissing the top of her head.

x