Chapter 8: Quiet

Johnny gave us the signal and one by one we jumped out of the helicopter. I was the next one, and as looked out I could feel the wind blow in my face. I got nervous, my heart started to pump faster. But I didn't let that stop me, I jumped out and opened the parachute as I got closer to the ground. I arrived to the ground and let go of the parachute bag and held my gun ready as I looked around. There were no bad guys to be seen. I went to the others in the group and we got handed a backpack each with extra bullets and grenades. We also got ground drones.
"Alright, Cassie and Nova you'll go and check inside those buildings to see if there is someone left to be saved. Me and Kenshi are staying here, if something happens return here immediately" Johnny said
then continued to say who had to do what. Me and Cassie went to the first building. It was a huge building, but everything inside it was destroyed, there were ashes of burned things on the ground, and nothing to be seen. We went trough the ashes. I turned on the flashlight and looked around. As we got further in I heard something growl in the darkness. "Did you hear that Cassie?" I whispered to Cassie. "Yes" she whispered back and held her pistol ready. Another growl came from the distance, then everything went silent again. Now I could only hear our breath, and heartbeat. "We need to be quiet" she said. We crouched down as we continued to go through the building, Then suddenly something jumped out in front of us. It was a demon that jumped in front of us, and it started to attack. "Stand back let me take care of it!" Cassie yelled and jumped in front of me and attacked it with her glow kick, who sent the demon to the ground and then Cassie shot it with a single shot to kill it. "Lets go" she said and we both went out of the building. "We need to report that to Johnny" Cassie said but stopped midway. The sky were full of demons that were flying.

------
I hope you enjoyed this part! Sorry for the slow update I'm trying my best to update this! Also sorry if it's not that good, but I really would appreciate some feedbacks :)