Recruited by a Teenage Witch

I woke up to my head pounding. The light from my window was so bright I thought I died and wound up on the sun or something. Trying to sit up was no better. The pain was unreal. Which is saying a lot considering I've been shot, stabbed, cut, ran over (twice), not to mention someone hit me with a shotgun breaking my jaw one time.

'Well good morning.' The demon's voice echoed in my mind as it spoke.

I snorted at its coy attitude "It's too early for this. What do you want?"

'Oh nothing really only to inform you that I took a small portion while you were sleeping.' I almost immediately went wide eyed.

"Seriously? You fed two days ago. Why take some from me?" It's laughter haunted me before it spoke again.

'Your energy was so tempting. I couldn't resist. Quite frankly I wish you would prevent yourself from turning more often. The energy you gave it was delicious.'

I shook my head not responding to the comments it was taunting me with. I hate this. I hate myself even more. If I had never made the deal to let it feed off me when it was not given a soul. As I grew, I learned to live with it but even then it becomes overwhelming. I'm beginning to wonder if what I did back then would ever be enough to keep it under control.

After spending what would be a debateable amount of time getting ready, I finally noticed the bruises from my brawl had healed.

'Do you now see why I feed? I can't heal you with taking a piece of you.' The demon said as I inspected my hands. I chose to ignore it but the words it spoke and grabbed my keys from the coffee table. Soon after, I made my way out to the bar on account Donnie wanted me to work a day time shift instead of my usual nights. I made it at a decent time despite the traffic. I walked in stumbling upon a surprisingly full bar. It's five o'clock somewhere I guess.

"There you are!" A voice called from the bar. I looked over only to find Mason struggling with handling any and all customers at the bar. I sighed making my way to him, although he was polite he didn't entirely know how to handle overly drunk people. Especially at 12:30 in the afternoon.

"Hey buddy I'm waiting on my next round!" A male voice yelled as Mason was scrambling to get him a drink. I quickly went behind the bar when Mason handed the guy a drink.

"Oh thank God you're here please help me. I don't know how you and Donnie do this." Mason said in a way that made him appear to lose breath.

"Whoa chill bookworm. We'll divide and conquer." I told him using the nickname I gave him.

He let out a sigh in relief. "Please that girl over there looks like she's gonna start something." He then pointed to a girl with curly brown hair who appeared to be scanning the room for something. I nodded to him and made my way to her. The closer I got to her, the younger she seemed. Sixteen maybe seventeen at the most.

"What'll be?" I asked trying to get her attention. She leaned against the bar.

"Beer on the tap." She said with a grin.

I leaned over as well. "How old are you?"

"Old enough." She sassed. I rolled my eyes assessing the age she possibly was.

"Got an ID?" I asked.

She gave me a look then whispered. "This enough ID for you?" As she slid a small white card to me. I picked it up rolling my eyes only to have the widen at the contents of it. "I know what you are." It read. I glanced at her then back at the card biting the inside of my lip.

I poured the drink for her against my better judgement. I could see her watching me from the reflection of the mirror we have. I felt uneasy but handed her the drink.