Dancing with the Devil

“So we actually have to go to this jackass’ party?” I asked looking at Coulson like he was on meth or something.

“Well considering the issue at hand regarding him buying out East L.A. yes.” He said not looking away from whatever he was doing. “Besides, there seems to be a common denominator in most of these businesses.”

“Which is…?”

“Each business has either an inhuman, mutant, or in your’s and Robbie’s case demons as employees. Seems like Richie Rich has an infatuation with super powers.” Daisy said while she walked in with Ash and Aurora following behind. I raised an eyebrow at the statement.

“How'd you gather that?” Ash asked. Daisy shrugged.

“Did a little digging after the whole bar standoff at Donnie’s. Found every business is the same. We've got inhumans registered under the Sokovia Accordance. Mutants from the X-Men or former X-Men I should say. Then there's Kyla and Robbie that don't fall under either category.” Daisy said handing Coulson a file.

“Thank you Daisy. Now to answer your question Miss Blaze, yes you have to go to this event.” He said looking at the file.

“Why?” I asked raising an eyebrow.

“Well you see, we need someone undercover for this. Mr. Walters seems to take quite a liking to you it only makes sense for you to go.” I rolled my eyes at his comment. “Of course you'll need backup just in case anything goes wrong which is why I've asked Aurora, Ashlyn, and Daisy to accompany you. I also talked to Donnie in regards to his business partner. Mr. Reed will be taken care of along with your friend.  Oh and Mr. Reyes has already put out a RSVP for you and him.” I did a double take at the last part.

“Wait what??”

“You heard correctly Miss Blaze you will be attending this event. Now we will provide all of you transportation to this please try to behave yourself don't set anything or anyone on fire.” He said looking up from the file. I sputtered with a small nod. I had to do this even if I hated things like this.

The day had finally arrived and I took one last look at myself in the mirror. With a sigh I went to the living room and saw Tori standing there. She turned around and saw me walk in. She smiled widely. “Awwww… you look great.” She cooed. She then pulled out her phone and took a picture.

“Jesus Tore, it's some fancy dinner thing not prom.” I said blinking to recover from the flash. She put a hand to her heart. “I know but I never get to see you all dressed up. All you need is el mecánico guapo (the handsome mechanic) here.” I rolled my eyes and playfully shoved her. As if on cue someone knocked at the door. “I'll get it.” She said while I walked over to the living room taking a seat in the couch. “Oh hey Mason and Robbie?” Tori said with a certain tone.

“Hey beautiful.” Mason said pecking her cheek.

“Hey chica.” Robbie said from the door.

“Come on in you guys.” Tori said moving to the side. I stood up and stifled a laugh seeing Robbie in slacks, a button down shirt and a fedora. ‘I believe you found him... attractive?’ The demon teased in my mind. I scoffed quietly walking up to him.

“Hey Reyes.” I said keeping my usual attitude front and center.

“Fuego. (Fire.)” He said looking at me stoned faced. I let out a sigh looking at the ground. “I need to talk to you in private.” He said quickly. I looked up raising an eyebrow while Tori had the biggest grin on her face.

“Uh we'll meet you downstairs. C'mon Mase let's go.” She said practically shoving him to the door. Mason had a confused look but didn't question anything. He nodded and followed Tori. When the door closed, I focused my attention back to Robbie.