Chapter 11

Unedited- please mind any mistakes, I will edit it soon x

The time at work was going extremely slow and I couldn't get myself to even finish analysing the business manuscripts.

My phone lit up with a notification from Lucy, who was still very apologetic about the event that happened a few weeks ago. We had barely spoken since, and every time we did speak it'd be a small argument but
I told her that it was nothing and that Dan and I had a argument previously but the truth was I still didn't know why he was so off with me.

He hadn't spoken to me since and it was incredibly awkward since his father would constantly ask when I'm free for dinner. At one point I remember saying, "I'm really sorry Marcus but my cat died and I'm still mourning"

And as for Mr Styles, things hadn't been the slightest of awkward, instead he was very welcoming and sometimes he'd sit in my office and go over things he'd usually ask his top team to do.

There was a knock on the door, I quickly hid my phone away and grabbed the manuscripts.

"Come in" I chirped

"Have you got the blossom reports done?" Mr Styles asks standing at the door.

I quickly fumble around for the paper which was hidden beneath the other reports.

"Here" I stand up to give it to him but instead he walks over and takes a seat on the opposite chair.

"Ella" he sighs scanning over the reports. "This looks incomplete" he shows me a whole section I've missed and my stomach drops with nervousness. "Is something going on that I should know? Your performance has dropped and it's concerning" Mr Styles says gently and I let out a small sigh.

"I guess I have been a little stressed with college but I promise I'll get better"

"Very well" he says his eyes averting back to the paper.

We sit in silence for a while as he finishes the blossom report and I finally start to go through the manuscripts.

"Hm" he chuckles and I look up at him, furrowing my brows a little.

"Have I done something wrong?"

"No" he laughs. "The manager of this blossom hotel wrote 'an experience without working for you is sorrow to the soul, I will put in my everything solely for you my dearest Mr Styles' "

"Talk about dramatic" I shake my head and chuckle.

"Ella" he calls and I look up to him, I always forget the intensity his look has.

"Christmas is approaching in a few days and I'd like to invite you to the annual Styles and co Christmas dinner"

"I-I would love to yes" I smile up at him and he gets up from his seat.

"Lovely, I'll email you the details"

He leaves my room swiftly and I slump into my chair.

I had been so occupied with college, Dan, Lucy and work that I didn't even realise Christmas was in four days.

This would be the loneliest Christmas ever, I had no one with me but hey, if you look at the perks I'd be saving a hell of a lot of money.

However, I couldn't even satisfy myself with that, this time four months ago I was dreaming of a Christmas with Harry, morning kisses and getting into our Christmas outfits, a turkey for the two of us at lunch and in the evening we'd be snuggling up in thick blankets with hot chocolate and marshmallows as we have a marathon of Christmas  movies. We'd sit under his fireplace and open each other's presents.