Eighteenth

This is the day.

I am awake but I don't feel to stand up. I know his awake too and ready himself to go on his trip.

This is the day. The time you step out on the palace gate will start my decision.

I heard a knock and it's Peter. I allowed him to come in. "Your highness"

"Why are you still in your bed? I am sure you don't want to let Prince Gabriel see you like that before he leave."

He is right.

I took a sighed and stand up as I clean myself and change clothes.

"Is everything's finish?" I ask Peter as he came back on my room.

He nodded "Yes, Your highness. Everything's fine and well. But you can discontinue this anytime you want to."

I smiled on him as my mind is already complete. He didn't change until now,he wanted me to stopped this but I am sorry , my decision will go on.

After a minute when I finish preparing myself, I've decided to go on his room. I am in front of his door and nervously grip the knob, before I opened the door I took a sighed and found him sitting on his bed.

"I was waiting for you." He said,happily.

I smiled on him. "Are you ready?"

He nodded and his face change into more excitement.

"Salamat,Abby!" He pulled me into a hug as I hugged him and patted his back. "Salamat ng maraming marami!"

We hugged apart as I hold myself as my tears will fall any minute.

"Will you be happy this time?" I asked him while he grab his coat. "Is this what you really want?"

I don't know why I am like this ,I mean I am like stopping him. I put my right hand on my back and I closed it as I grip tightly. I'm hurting...

I hold my emotion more when He nodded happily. I nodded slowly.

He walked near me and ask. "How about you?"

"I have my plans too." I give him an assurance and push myself to smile.

He just nodded as I started to look at him.

Thank you for being with me in one year even your heart and mind are not on me.

I nodded like I've said on him. Nilakasan ko ang loob ko. "Can I have a favor on you?"

"What is it?" He questioned.

"Can I hug you? For the last time." I said mumbling the last line. He stretched his hand and smiled on me. I walked near him as I hugged him tight. We stayed for about a minute as I decided to patted his back gently and nodded on him.

I guess when we see each other again, you are happy like the old times I saw you on television.

"After 10 or 15 minutes you can go." I said on him. "Goodbye,Gabriel."

I took a deep breathe as I closed my eyes. I opened it to look on him for the last time. "Goodbye, Prince Gabriel!"

I started to walked as I stop when he hold my hand. I remove it slowly while nodding.

With that I walked away. They closed the door as I started to run on my room,My sight can't see clear things as I feel a water falling on my cheeks. I sit in the couch where I can see him go away. I hug my two legs and cry,cry and cry.

"Ano ba Abby! You're a Princess you should care about them. Maybe this time you can actually accepted this life not living in the fairytale but living in the duties and obligations you will hold in the future."

I saw the limousine park on the entrance door as Gabriel excitedly come up. Peter trailed him behind and they are talking as Gabriel look harangue.

I know Peter stopping him not to go but I know too that Gabriel fully decided and grab the chance I am giving on him.

Gabriel hold his head as Peter go inside. Gabriel look so devilish. I goggled bitterly as a thought came up on me. Peter didn't let him go.

By a minute the door opened and Peter appeared. I wipe my tears. Hindi ko na pinagsayangan ng oras para makita siya at nakatutok Lang ang tingin ko sa lalaking aalis na.

"Princess Abby,please" he pleaded.

I smiled bitterly while not looking at him. "Just let him go,Peter. His happy enough. Look at him his ready to go but you just stop him."

I closed my eyes as I expelled a deep breathe and opened my eyes. "I love him enough to let go." I've said without energy.

"Tell them let Prince Gabriel go." I said to him as I heard him cussed and forcefully tell to the security to let him go. After that, he left me on my room.

Gabriel get inside the limo and started the engine to drove off.

Your happiness is my happiness too, Gabriel.

Seeing his smile plastered on his face right now makes my heart ache. This is the only time I saw that again. In one year that we are together, even in just a second you don't smile like that on me. Ganun ba ako ka-selfish dahil hinayaan ko yung sarili mong Hindi lumigaya? .... Sa piling ko?

I wiped my tears and smiled. "Happy One year anniversary being engage,Gab!"

Our inauguration tomorrow was canceled as the time you reach the hotel.

I guess you're happy inside and outside Gabriel because your eyes telling me.

I love you, Gabriel. I am sorry and Goodbye. 😘

The END.