Chapter 5

OLIVIA

She didn't look too happy with whoever was calling. I had to admit, I was a little disappointed that we were interrupted as well.

While she was gone, I had a chance to think. It all made sense now, why there was something different about Kenny. Kenny was a woman. An extremely attractive woman at that. It was easier to notice today, since she was dressed in jeans and a t-shirt. Even though her shoulders were broad, and her arms were insanely ripped, you could still make out her chest underneath her t-shirt.

Maybe she would enjoy a piece of cake after she gets off of the phone, I thought as I began cutting the cake. Hell, it always makes me happy. I chuckled to myself. Before long, she returned to the kitchen. I noticed her eyes were a darker brown.

"I'm sorry, I have to go," she said, barely looking at me.

"Oh... Well, I thought you might want some cake," I offered her the plate.

She took it, while swiftly making her exit, "Thanks," was all she managed. Then, she was gone. I wasn't aware of what it was at that moment, but something changed for me. All of a sudden, I no longer wanted the cake. I set my piece down on the table, and went to find my friends.

"Hey, where have you been?" asked Steven.

"I was just in the kitchen," I feigned a smile. I hung around for a little while longer, trying to rejoin the conversation. Eventually, I decided I should go.

I found Tanya on the patio, "Hey Tanya, I think I'm going to head home."

"Thanks for coming by Liv, I hope you had a good night," she said.

"Thanks for having me, I had a great time," I responded. For some reason, I felt like I was lying to her. Tanya walked me to the door, and we hugged goodnight.

When I got home, I moped around for about an hour. What is wrong with me? Maybe, I just need some rest. This has been a stressful few weeks. I had to be up early in the morning to run some errands, anyway.

BEEP, BEEP, BEEP!

I was jarred out of my sleep by my alarm clock. Ugh, 8 a.m. already. I was covered in a light sheen of sweat, and I had a slight shortness of breath. I looked down, Are my hands in my panties? And why are my fingers slick?

Suddenly, my dream came flooding back to me...

My arms embraced by strong hands, leading to muscular, toned arms, ending at broad shoulders. Hanging just below those shoulders were thick, neatly maintained dreadlocks, leading up towards a strong jawline, pouty, luscious lips, and a thin, perfectly placed nose.

But, all of that was nothing compared to those eyes. Those warm, honey colored eyes that seem to stare directly into your soul, exposing all of you at once... I hadn't even noticed that my fingers had begun slowly circling my clit on their own accord, causing my breathing to deepen.

What the fuck am I doing? I scolded myself, swiftly pulling my hands out of my underwear.

I sat up in bed. Kenny is a woman. I mean sure, I may notice when a woman has beautiful features, but that doesn't mean I'm sexually attracted to them. Does it? I decided to push it aside.

I had business to take care of today. I was still pretty heated, so I took a cool shower. It helped lower my body temperature, but it did nothing for the images floating around in my head. Maybe, I should bake something later. It'll help relax me, I tried to convince myself.

I got dressed in my favorite pair of leggings, a tank top, and Converse high tops, and drove into town. My first stop was the gas station, which was of course uneventful. After that, I went to Lowe's to price some items for the new cake shop. I didn't have the money, or a location yet, but it was good to get an idea of what I wanted. I spent a couple of hours scanning the ovens, refrigerators and storage units.

After thoroughly depressing myself further, it was lunchtime. I stopped by a local Café that's known for their panini's. I ordered a ham and swiss panini, with a side of chips and a green tea smoothie. I'll just shoot over to the grocery store, pick up some necessities for baking, then go home, I mapped out the rest of my afternoon as I walked towards my car. Once in the grocery store, I went straight to the baking aisle.

Hmm, what to make tonight? Maybe cupcakes? But what flavor? I haven't had key lime in a while. Maybe with graham cracker bottoms? I pondered while picking up items and placing them in my basket.

Of course, the boxes of Jell-O were on the top shelf. Damn it, I thought as I stood on the tips of my toes, reaching for the lime flavor. "Sometimes, I hate being 5'4"," I grumbled.

Out of nowhere, a hand reached forward, grabbing the box I was reaching for. "Let me help you with that," a familiar voice said. I turned, and couldn't contain my smile as I locked eyes with those warm honey ones that I had been thinking about all day.