Victim (part 3)

Archie's POV

I sent Betty and Jughead home and I start a fire in the fireplace. Veronica's sitting on the floor with a blanket over her shoulders staring into the fireplace. What the hell happened after I left that party? I knew during that whole walk home that I should be there with her. I knew it. Something in my gut told me that I shouldn't trust that guy. But I didn't listen and I failed Ronnie. What if he did the same thing to her that he tried to do to Cheryl. No one was there to protect her and anything could've happened. No that's not possible. She texted me after she got home that she was home and safe, if that had happened she would've told me right? "Archie" I turn on my heels and I walk to her and kneel down "what's wrong" I ask tucking hair behind her hair. "Uh nothing can you just- can you sit with me" she asks grabbing my hand. "Yeah, of course" I sit down next to her and I pull her closer and wrap my arms around her. She leans her head on my chest and she sighs with relief. We sit in a comfortable silence for a good 20 minutes until Veronica speaks up. "After the party, after everyone left, I stayed and helped Nick clean up" she paused "we were just talking afterward and I was upset about everything Betty had said to me and he was just assuring me that it wasn't true. Until he tried to kiss me and I pushed him off of me and slapped him. He just went on and on about how my dad needed the SoDale contract to go through and that he could convince his dad to sign on it for the right... price" she finishes and I'm filled with rage. I could kill him. "He tried to..." I couldn't even say the words. I can't even imagine anyone upsetting my Ronnie, let alone rape her. "That he did" she whispered. I look down at her and she's still staring into the fireplace. "You uh- you didn't say anything. Why?" I ask, still staring at her face. "You'd kill him. You probably still will. And I also didn't have proof" she says finally looking up at me. "I should've told you. I'm sorry". I shake my head "Ronnie what happened. It's- well it's hard to talk about. I understand. You never have to apologize to me. Ever. I love you. So it's okay. You're okay" I kiss her head and I pull her closer to me. We stay like that for hours until she's asleep. I lift her in my arms bridal style and I place her in her bed. I know my dad will be pissed at me tomorrow but he'll understand that I can't leave her, not like this. He raised me to protect those that I love, and that's exactly what I'm going to do.

The next day

I wake up with the sun shining in my eyes and I realize I'm not home. I'm lying in Veronica's bed while she's asleep on my chest. I recall the events of last night and I'm furious again. I need to go confront him but I still can't leave Ronnie alone. Her parents won't be home for 2 more days because of their business trip. Veronica stirs and her eyes flutter open. "Good morning" I whisper rubbing her arm "good morning Archiekins" she smiles up at me. She's happier this morning and it warms my heart. "You didn't have to stay. Your dad is probably pissed at you" she says turning over so her chest is on mine and we're face to face. "I know that. But I couldn't leave. And my dad will understand, at least I'll try and make him understand." I mutter staring at the pictures on the wall. "Everything okay" she asks pushing the top of my hair back out of my face. I let out a small laugh "I don't think you're the one who is supposed to be asking that" I look back at her. "Archie what happened at the party was a while ago. I didn't say anything because I knew it was something I needed to get over myself. I'm okay now. I know I didn't seem like it Yesterday but I am okay" she says smiling at the end. I know she's telling the truth, she is okay. But that's not gonna stop me from confronting Nick later today.

"Are you sure you don't need me to stay" I say wrapping my arms around Veronica's waist while she wraps her arms around my neck "yes I am sure. You need to go home and face your father and I need to shower" she says "I can help with that you know" I say jokingly "get out, Andrews" she said laughing. I kiss her cheek and start to walk out the door "hold on you call that a goodbye kiss" she pulls me back and kisses me. I tighten my grip around her waist and kiss back. "Okay now you're free to go" I smile at her and walk out the door. As far as Veronica knows I'm headed home to my dad but I take a left into the parking lot of the five seasons. Veronica may be okay now, but she wasn't before and that was his fault. And now he's going to get what he deserves.

I walk into the hotel and I walk to the front desk. "Hello Sir, how can I help you" asks the woman "I need to know where Nick St. Clair is staying. He's a friend of mine, he told me which suite but I just can remember" I lie right to her, but I hope to god she believes me. "Let me check the computer" she says with a smile. Wow that was too easy. "3rd floor suite 6" she smiles at me again "have a nice day mr..." "Wilkins. Wilbur Wilkins" I say smiling "have a nice day Mr. Wilkins" she finishes. I walk to the elevator and hit the number 3. As I step out of the elevator I start thinking about what I'm gonna do and I realize I have no idea. I get to suite 6 and knock on the door. "Who is it" he yells and I just knock again. He groans and comes and opens the door. "Ah Arnold" he says with a unenthusiastic smile "it's Archie" I correct him and walk in "oh right. Come on in I guess" he says stepping back "you're Veronica's current booty call right" he says smugly, I just want to punch that look right off his face. "I'm her boyfriend" he laughs and says "wow I'm impressed. I never made boyfriend level myself. She just used me for sex and went out with different guys during the day". That made my blood boil. They've probably done all the things Veronica and I have done. "She's over that" I shoot back, putting my hands in my pockets. "So how can I help you Archie" he asks. "I'm here to tell you to stay the hell away from Veronica and to get out of Riverdale" I say staring at him. "Oh Archie. You're really this naive? Veronica and I screwed, a lot. For years man. We have more history than you two. She may act like she didn't want what happened after the party or that she doesn't want me here, but she needs me. She loves me. More than she loves you, or ever will love you" he says standing closer to me. He has no idea what he's doing, I can snap him in half. "You sure about that" I ask, giving him one chance to make the smart decision "yeah. I am" he says cockily. "Okay" I say. I swing back and punch his face. Once. Twice. Three times. He fell to the ground and stumbled to get back up. I kick his ribs over and over. When I'm done he's looking at me from the ground. "I'd ask you not to press charges but I doubt the court would side with a rapist" I step over him and leave the suite, slamming the door behind me.

That evening

That evening I was laying on the couch watching tv, since my dad was working late I was eating pizza for dinner. I hear a car outside and I assume it's my dad home early from work so I don't get up. I hear the door open but instead of my dad walking in it's an angry Veronica. "What the hell Archie" she practically shouts at me. "What!?" I ask surprised by her outburst. "You beat up Nick! Why?" She says walking into the living room. "Because of what he did to you. He deserved it" I said standing up. "Do you seriously not see the problem" she asks shocked. "No Ronnie I don't see a problem. Please feel free to tell me what it is." I say throwing my arms up "He wanted to sue, Archie! And he would win if I hadn't stopped him" she said. "You stopped him? How?" I asked, angry that she even went near him. "I paid him off. Half a million dollars by the way. God Archie I said I'm okay and I was serious. Why would you do that? Risk your safety and your future just for me?!" She shouts the last part. "What do you mean 'just for you'. I'd do anything for you. If something ever happened to you I'd lose my mind. So anyone who hurts you is always gonna have to put up with me" I finish. She looks shocked and I probably scared her off. "Ronnie I-" she cut me off by kissing me hard. I kiss back instantly and it starts to get more heated. "We should probably take this back to my house" she says breathless and smiling. I laugh with her and say, "That sounds great."

Sorry this took a while, I couldn't figure out how I should approach this. I'll probably do another one today since I have nothing else to do 😂 feel free to make requests!