Young God // Halsey

Barry looked around frantically when he woke up. In a flash of lightning, he was standing before the surprised team in the cortex.

"Oh my god, Barry! You're up!" Iris jumped up and into his arms. He quickly wrapped his arms around her.

He made his way around the room, hugging and thanking everyone before noticing an absence.

"Where's Mackenzie?" Barry asked

"Barry... you know where she is" Wells said carefully.

"No... No, no, no! I saw her! I swear I did!" Barry said, giving a slight desperate chuckle.

"Barry come on, don't do this man. We've been through this already" Cisco sighed, placing a hand on his shoulder. Barry backed up out of Cisco's reach, shaking his head as tears welled in his eyes.

"She put up the pictures in my room! She talked to me! She told me goodbye!" Barry cried loudly, looking at his friends faces for any sign of a cruel joke, but they all just looked... sad.

"Barry..." Caitlin trailed off as she placed a gentle hand on his arm.

"No... Cait come on... Please" Barry pleaded

"She's gone" Caitlin breathed, tears glazing over her eyes.

"No. It's not true! I'm gonna find her! You'll see! I will find her!" He called before he was gone in a flash.

The team exchanged worried glances.

"Well, what do we do Wells?" Joe asked exasperatedly and nervously.

"Play keep away" He sighed before wheeling away, leaving the team in a wake of silence.

«««««»»»»»

Barry checked everywhere he could think of, even going as far as Star City before collapsing in his room at home. He simply couldn't believe it. He knew she was here, he could feel her. At some point during all his running, he realized the spots he ran to to search weren't random.

They were places where she had been, where they had been.

He could feel her ghost of a presence at a table, on a bench, at a desk, on a bed. She had been here with him, and he was determined to find her. Yet still, at the end of the night, he had come home. Because even though he could feel her, she didn't feel close. She had left. She had promised to help him through this. She had been so excited to see him. But she'd left.

Barry sat up suddenly, his body telling him to check his closet. He walked slowly and cautiously towards his dresser. He went through every drawer and when he finally reached his sweater drawer, he realized one was missing. It was a green one he didn't use often, but it was gone nonetheless. Mackenzie had been here. The corners of Barry's mouth twitched upwards before he crawled back into bed and fell asleep.

«««««»»»»»

The next morning Barry appeared in the cortex with coffee for everyone. He had given the situation some thought. Either his team didn't know that Mack had been here, or they weren't telling him for some reason. He assumed it was justified, but was going to find out nonetheless.

The team gave him worried looks upon his arrival, which they automatically tried--and failed--to hide. Barry chuckled before greeting them.

"Good morning friends!" He sped their drinks around to them and returned to his spot in milliseconds.

"Uh... good morning Barry" Cisco replied, glancing questioningly at his coffee.

"I had a second to think last night when I got home, and I realized how irrational I was being. I was just out of my coma, and... you know, I think believing that I had Mack with me was what it took for me to wake up. But I know... I know she's not here anymore. I do. And I'm sorry if I scared you or something. I'm really back, and I'm happy to be back. And that's thanks to you all. So thank you" He gave them a small smile.