Runnin' (Lose It All) // Naughty Boy ft Beyoncé

Mackenzie was on another run.

She had left about a half hour ago:

"You okay love?" Drew asked, frowning from the couch as he watched her pace around.

"I don't know. I'm just so...." Mack sighed frustratedly as she ran a hand through her already-tousled hair.

Drew was up and over to her in two strides, running his hands up and down her arms. She relaxed slightly.

"Damn you're so tense! You should take a bath honey. Relax. You're bruise is healing up a bit. How's that cut?" Drew asked as he eyed the purple bruise Barry had given her cheek and her wrapped up hand.

"I think I'm gonna go for a run" She replied distractedly, a buzzing sound invading her ears.

"Oh I forgot, you have no concept of the word 'relax'!" Drew chuckled at her response, "Whatever you need love. Let me know, okay?"

"Yeah, yeah" She nodded, kissing his cheek before going into her room to change.

She emerged a few moments later, waved at Drew, put her earbuds in, and ran out of her house, feet slapping the pavement.

She was trying to run off her anxiety as it built relentlessly. It felt like there was an entire energy looming about her, suffocating her. And she didn't like it.

Her earbuds kept cutting in and out, there was a ringing in her ears, and the lights she passed were acting up.

By now it had gotten rather dark and Mack decided that a half hour should have sufficed to calm her at least a little. She made her way home, her hands still shaking, a headache coming on.

"Hey angel! Caitlin called!" Drew shouted from the kitchen as Mackenzie walked in the door.

"Thanks love" She mumbled and immediately went for her phone.

As her fingers made contact with the smooth metal of the smartphone, she felt a jolt of electricity run through her.

The crackle startled them both.

"Woah... are you okay babe?" He asked, stopping and looking over at her in concern, but she wasn't hearing him. She was distracted.

Because there it was.

The feeling. The fuzziness throughout her entire body, the synapses in her nervous system over-firing and making her headache press sharper.

"I'm sorry. I-I need to go" She muttered, mind clouded and overwhelmed, before running out of the house.

She was sprinting down the street at top speed, her head pounding, and as she ran passed streetlights they flickered off, swallowing her in darkness as she sprinted down her Australian suburban residential street.

But her feet couldn't carry her fast enough to run from the darkness, and from whatever was looming in it. Lungs burning, hand shaking, feet aching, and head spinning, she finally slowed to a stop, finding herself in the middle of a pitch black street. In fact, she was in the middle of a pitch black city, she noticed as she looked around. The city was in a blackout. The harbor lights were the only things that were still shining. She crossed her arms over her chest, breathing heavily.

"Well shit" She huffed.

Her brain started racing with explanations, but suddenly, her vision was flooded by bright white light. Headlights, coming straight for her. She shielded her eyes from the sudden brightness and braced her body for the inevitable impact.

Then... Crack!

She fell face-first onto the pavement of the Perth Harbor.

"Fuck!" She groaned as she rolled over, her body aching and buzzing fuzzily. She coughed before slowly standing up and brushed herself off, looking down at herself, unscathed and a half mile from where she stood two seconds ago.

«««««»»»»»

As Barry and Cisco were riding in their taxi, the street lights suddenly started going off in the distance. Cisco frowned.

"Barry" He whispered, keeping his eyes on the lights that continued to flicker out. When he received no response he nudged the boy awake hurriedly. "Barry! Barry! Look!" He cried out. Barry quickly became aware of his surroundings as bolts of electricity coursed through the sky and streetlights flickered off. The last street light went out and the panicked driver suddenly started steering out of control with his foot pressed on the gas, sending them spiraling at top speed down the residential Australian street. Suddenly, something right in front of the windshield caught Barry's attention.

A girl.

Barry's heart instantly started beating quicker at the sight of her. Wavy brown hair and tan skin, muscular arms and legs. Squinting and holding her hands up protectively as they came barreling towards her.

She was going to get hit by the car. She was going to die if Barry didn't react this instant. Barry sprinted out of the car and reached out to grab her, but he knew he wouldn't be fast enough to save her. Before she was hit, however, there was a crack of electricity--and she was gone.

It felt... familiar.

Barry shook his head and frowned as he finally looked up around him. It wasn't just the electricity on this street that had suddenly gone out, but the whole city's. There was a city-wide blackout, he realized. Cisco hurried out of the car once it had come to a complete stop and stood next to Barry, panicked.

"Did we hit her?! Is she okay?! Does she need an ambulance?! ... Wait where is she? What's going on...? Why isn't there a girl somewhere? ... Barry?" Cisco spouted questions nervously before finally realizing that he had nothing to spout about.

"She's gone" Barry breathed. His brain was working a million miles per hour to try to remember why this felt familiar, but suddenly it was invaded with another thought.

Mackenzie.

He came here to see Mackenzie and no black out was going to stop h-

And then he realized.

Of course the zapping away felt familiar, of course his heart started racing instantly when he saw her standing in the street.

Because it was Mack.

And now she was God knows where in this darkened, Australian suburbia land.