Love Time Space // The Click Five

Mack ran quickly into the building, the rain and wind whipping her around until she found shelter within the walls of S.T.A.R Labs. She took off her coat and threw it over her chair, immediately going to see the test results. It was nearly midnight and the Lab was empty. As she approached the testing chamber, she saw that her vile had been removed, the findings noted, and another vile had been tested in place of hers. She frowned, wondering who else was testing blood before busying herself with her test results. They were close, but not quite what she wanted. Everyday she got closer, but she still hadn't found the right cure yet.

So right back to the lab it was.

She went to her desk and began working once again, focusing all her energy on the cure until she heard a loud beeping.

She frowned and exited the lab, jogging into the cortex to see a red light flashing and an alert appear on the screens.

It read "INTRUSION ALERT!!! SOUTH EAST WING".

Mack frowned, there was next to nothing in the south-east wing, but she walked down there anyways. As she rounded the corner, she felt it suddenly become extremely cold. She shivered and started walking faster until she was face-to-face with a wall that had not been there before.

"What the fuck?" She mumbled, teeth chattering.

She heard hissing behind her and whipped around, only to face another wall that had suddenly appeared where she had been standing only moments before.

"Shit" She mumbled before turning left and heading down a random hallway.

"Mackenzieeeee" A voice whispered.

"Oh hell no" She grumbled as she picked up her pace to a jog, still freezing.

"Mack!"

Mackenzie recognized the voice immediately and whipped around.

"Holy shit, you're freezing love" Barry smiled softly at her as he took his hand in hers, an action he always used to comfort her. She could feel the warmth of his skin radiating onto her own.

She couldn't speak, all her words were caught in her throat.

"Come on. The exit is this way" Barry intertwined their fingers and pulled her gently along the twists and turns of the halls of the Labs.

But then Mack realized something. Barry was in a coma. Three floors above her. Under narcotics.

She pulled her hand from his, stopping them both abruptly.

"What's wrong?" He asked innocently.

"Who are you?" She shivered, the cold instantly returning full-force at the loss of contact with Barry.

"You're gonna freeze love, take my hand. Let's get out of here" Barry extended his hand to her. She backed up.

"You're not Barry. Who the hell are you?" Mackenzie threatened.

"I'm not anyone" He replied emptily.

And then he was gone.

Suddenly, the cold had disappeared and Mack found herself alone in a hallway, glistening and shaking.

"Fuck" She mumbled, shaking her head before running back to the cortex.

<<<<<>>>>>

Mack stared at her phone later that night. Another missed call from Drew. 

The longer she was away from Australia, the less she felt like she could go back. When she was in Central City, she was herself again, and there was an irresistible pull about that. But Mack was exhausted and didn't want to think about it anymore, she just wanted to sleep.