Chapter 3

Chapter 3

I can hear birds faintly chirping on the outside of my bedroom window when I wake up. For some reason, weekend mornings always seem so much more happier. My aunt Megan is taking me to the beach today. I hurried over to my bathroom to get prepared, then I remember that I had invited Tori to come with us last week. Aunt Megan had insisted that I invite her, she says that she reminds her of herself when she was younger. After the conversation I had with her about the plan, I had been purposely avoiding for the last few days. I had also been busy taking care of the rabbit who I decided to name Bonnie. It's like bunny but.. Yea, I'm not that creative. Even though Tori was sort of a hated person at school,  she still had a lot of friends to distract her from my shunning. I sprint over to my dresser and grab my swim suit and a pair of high-waist shorts. I pull on a light blue v-neck and I throw my hair up in a ball. I fling open my door and run down the stairs, I peek around the corner and see my mom in the living room folding beach towels with Tori. In a panic, I back up to walk to go up the stairs when Tori looks up at me. "Hey Vanessa! Ready to hit the beach?" she smiles.

"Yea, uhh.. could you come up to my room?" I say.

"Sure." she follows me up the stairs to my room.

We get to my room and we stare at each other, silently, for about a minute. Her long brown hair is in deep waves and she looks tanner than usual. She has on a pink cropped shirt that says 'BEACH BUM' which showed off her belly button piercing. This gave her more of a Bratz than a Barbie look.

"How's your plan going?" I blurt out, involuntarily.

"It's in motion" she smiles wide.

My mom shouts up stairs, telling us that aunt Megan is outside. Tori helps me pack my bag and then we head outside. Aunt Megan opens the door to her Jeep and runs over to me and Tori.

"Oh My God! You two are so big now, I haven't seen you in forever!" she exaggerates. She actually saw us two weeks ago at her barbecue. My little cousin, Samantha, is in the backseat with her face pressed up against the window, her breath fogging the glass. After my mom packs up everything she could possibly think of, we pack into the car and head to the beach.

"So, Do you have a boyfriend Nessa?" Aunt Megan teases. She looks at me through the rear-view mirror. I blush hard from the question, and then I feel my mom's eyes glaring intently at me.

I look over at Tori, who is hiding her face with her hand. "Uhh, no." I reply softly.

"Victoria, do you have a boyfriend?" Megan asks Tori. As far as I know, the last person she had a relationship with was Drew Bryant, Carly's ex-boyfriend, which lasted about a week.

"I working on it." she says in a sweet, but somehow malicious voice. She turns to me and winks.

"Ohh!" Megan says excitedly.

"I'm hungry!" Samantha whines. She shifts wildly in her seat. Sometimes I forget that she's only five because of how smart she is.

"Here, I think I have something.." my mom says as she digs through her purse.

My mother passes her a bag of loose cheerios out of her enormous purse. Me and Tori burst into uncontrollable laughter.

About an hour later, we arrive at the beach and I let out a sigh of relief. Tori and I take Sam to go and find a spot for us to sit in the sand while my mom and Megan unpack the car.

"Mom, Can Tori and I walk down to the carnival?" I ask, helping her push a umbrella into the ground.

"Sure Honey." she sits down under the blanket and pulls out some magazine.