December 31st 1894

It was twilight on December 31st in 1894, New Years Eve, the air was cold and crisp as fresh powder white snow fell from the ever darkening sky a pair of young girls, twins, giggled as they ran around playing in the freshly fallen snow. When a woman no more than 32, known as Theia, smiled watching the young twins play before calling them inside to warm up, it was a very important night for these young ladies as their birthday was coming up that morning and not only would they be helping with the Inn but learning of new skills.

After the girls were warmed up and in dry clothes Theia lead them into the front parlour , looking to the oldest of the two, by mere minutes, she held up a necklace with a moon and cloudy white crystal, "Kira listen closely, you are what our kind calls a child of the moon, one day you will take on the task of rising and lowering the moon" Theia said as she placed the necklace over the young girls head. Nodding as the necklace was adorned on her "Yes mama" she said smiling as she touched the moon charm.

Theia then turned to the youngest and held up a necklace similar to Kira's however this one had a sun charm attached to it the crystal was a dark crimson red "Kire much like Kira you are a child if the sun and the task of rising and lower the sun will fall on you" Theia said as she placed the necklace over Kire's head. Kire nodded as the necklace was put on her. "Yes mama, I understand" Kire said looking to her sister smiling. Both girls had been eagerly awaiting the day when they would know what they were destined to do and finally they knew and their training would soon start.

Theia was a well known healer in Old Niagara Village along with being the owner of the largest Inn, however there were those among the village that claimed she was a witch, of course there was no proof to back up their claim even if they were right but Theia would never use her magic for dark or selfish acts, she used them for the good of her fellow villagers and weary ill travelers.

Smiling Theia placed a few items out and looked at the girls bringing their attention back to her, "Tomorrow is an important night for you, your 13th birthday and your powers will finally awaken" Theia said brightly causing the girls to squeal in excitement and looked at the items on the table in front of them, each item represented an element: Earth a smooth glass looking pebble, Water a glass blown wave, Fire a candle, Air an eagle feather and Spirit a purple bracelet.

The girls looked at the items closely before reaching out to pick one, Kira put her hand out slowly and felt a pull towards the bracelet and as a child of the moon it only made sense that the element of spirit would chose her just like the element of Fire chose Kire as she was the child of the sun. Theia smiled brightly "I knew my hunch was right and that the two of you were children of the sun and moon! You showed signs not long after you were born I wish your father could be here, he would be so proud of you " She said as she embraced the girls, holding them close.

"Now I need you girls to listen very closely, this is a very important task you have been given and the training will be hard, tiring and strenuous but you still have to keep working at it no matter what and no slacking off on your school work" Theia said as The girls nodded eagerly only to yawn a second after, it was now early morning by this time and time for young girls to go to bed. Theia ushered the girls upstairs to their room, "Make sure you two wash up before you go to bed and Kire for the love of god...brush your hair love..it's a matter mess" Theia said up after the girls as they climbed the stairs

Kire nodded as she yawned again while following Kira to their room and sat at the vanity watching Kira undo the braid her long hair was in and brushed it out. Kire soon washed her face after her sister and got into her night dress and crawled into the big bed Kira and her shared and curled up with her sister holding her stuffed fox while Kira held her teddy bear and drifted off to sleep.