Chapter 16

I slid down the walls and cried the moment I entered the elevator to the carpark. When I got to the floor where my car is parked at, I rushed to my car before anyone could see me cry.

I held on to the steering wheel and sobbed. Stop crying. Stop. I scolded myself. I cant cry. I am stronger than this. I have to move on. I started up the car but I heard a tap on the window. It was Joo Heon. I rolled down the window and asked, How may I help you.

Please come back soon. And should you decide to leave for real, I just want to say that I love you. Really love you more than you would ever know. I never told you because you were with Chang Kyun and now this happens. But since youre leaving I have no choice but say this now. he huffed a confession out.

I... Im sorry Joo Heon. I just... I sighed.

I know, you still love him. And the bros code is to never date your bros ex. I basically have no chance with you. But please just give me a chance?

I know, you still love him. And the bros code is to never date your bros ex. I basically have no chance with you. But please just give me a chance? Im willing to break the damn bro code just for you.

Sorry Joo Heon. I cant. Not right now at least. Thank you for being such a wonderful friend. I caressed his cheeks as I wiped a tear that rolled down his cheeks. I looked behind him to see Chang Kyun running towards my car.

I rolled up the window as I bid Joo Heon farewell, Well keep in touch alright? See you soon. And the window is shut.

I slowly started to drive off as Chang Kyun tapped on my car window harshly, begging to give me an explanation. Im sorry Chang Kyun. I dont tolerate cheating. I said to myself. I sighed before driving off.

As I looked into the rear-view mirror I could see him chasing me but tripped and fell on to the floor as he cried. I did all I could do to not cry right then and there, but I failed once again.

As I got back home I fell into my bed and tried to sleep the pain away. When I got up, it was already five in the afternoon. I stumbled out of bed as I made my way to the toilet to wash up. I removed all my makeup and my clothes as I got in the shower.

I could hear my apartment door open so I stopped whatever I was doing and got my towel. I stepped out of the shower and proceeded to the door.

Hello? I called out.

The only reply I got was an embrace from a warm body and the oh so familiar scent of my him.

Chang Kyun, how did you get in here? Get out. Leave me alone. Im never going to see you again. I tried to push him off but he was too strong so I just stood there as I let a single tear roll down my cheeks. I couldnt cry. I had no more tears left to cry. But I was hurting, so much that Im turning numb.

Get out. I was beginning to get frustrated.

He leaned down and kissed me. Ah those soft lips that I once loved. I pushed him off and slapped him. I am not going to kiss a cheater like you. Your lips have been tainted. I rather cut of my tongue than to let you kiss me with yours. I coldly stated.

Let me explain. Please. He begged.

Whats there to explain? You seem so happy being with her. Go back to her. I scoffed.

I dumped her alright.

Doesnt change what you did to me. I shrugged as I opened the door and ushered him to exit.

Please. Im sorry. I really am.

Return me my keys and go back to where you came from. Give me space.

He handed me my keys as he proceeded out the house.

Alright but please talk to me soon. Im sorry. I love you. I shut the door as he said that. Returning to my shower, I started getting ready to go out for my dinner with the staffs. Putting on some light makeup, I exited the apartment with a fresh look, a crop top and high waisted jeans with a few bracelets as accessories.

I made my way to the pizza outlet near my place and as I entered, my colleagues or should I say, close friends, are making a grand entrance for me.

Guys, place your orders and make yourself at home. Im treating this meal. But please dont get too much. I laughed.

It was a very enjoyable night as we laughed and drank our night away.

Thank you for the treat, well treat you to a meal someday! They said their thanks and left for home. I too got into my car and made my way back.

As soon as I returned home, I walked towards my laptop as I switched it on to look for a place to travel. I finally decided on going to Australia.

I booked a flight so right now Im packing up my suitcase. I decided my break to be six months so I rented a camper van with the interior furnished. Its nothing much but just has the basic needs for me to survive on a road trip except for shower room.

As I closed my laptop and got ready for bed, I sent out a few texts to my colleagues telling them that I would be in Australia for a six-month road trip and was wondering what I should get them.

There was a bunch of texts coming back asking for food and soft toys. I giggled as I made a list of their gifts and making sure to look for some rare treasures there as well. Telling them that I was going to bed, I scrolled through my social media before shutting my nightlight and going to sleep.

Tomorrow will be a good day. I will get out of Korea and pay a visit to Australia. Wished I couldve brought Chang Kyun with me. I sighed as I drifted off into slumber.