Chapter 8. Painting the Constellations

After school, Cas and Dean went back to Cas's house. Sam and Gabe were in the back seat, and soon, a smoochy noise was heard.

"Man, get a room," Dean said. Sam started blushing and Gabe chuckled. Cas rolled his eyes.

"Y'know, Dean, your voice still makes me jump every time! Not used to it," Sam said, shaking his head. Dean chuckled. Gabe leaned forwards and grabbed a pack of gum from the dash of the car. He popped a couple in his mouth and started chewing. Sam leaned onto him, spreading out his lanky form.

"Gosh, Samwich, you could be a blanket!" Gabe laughed. Sam just grinned and lifted his head, bringing it up to meet Gabe's lips. As he pulled away, Gabe gave him a shocked looked and he could be seen chewing gum.

"He stole my gum!!!" Gabriel said indignantly. Cas and Dean rolled their eyes.

"Gross Sam," Cas said. Sam just blew a bubble.

"Pineapple gum?" Sam said, raising his eyebrows.

"Delicious, I know," Gabriel laughed. Sam Winchester-frowned and nodded.

"Storm," Cas said. Dean looked at him in confusion until he saw the dark cloud ahead of them.

"Crap," Dean sped up again, getting to the Novak's house. He pulled his car into the garage and the ran inside through the rain.

"Chuckie!" Gabe called, and a young man walked around the corner.

"You must be Dean. And Sam. I'm their NICE uncle, Chuck Shurley. Nice to meet you," he stuck out his hand, and Sam shook it. Dean looked uncomfortable, and timidly stuck out his hand, but shook it firmly.

"N-nice to meet you, Mr. Shurley," Dean said.

"Please, call me Chuck," he clapped Dean on the shoulder, and Dean flinched.

"Oh, sorry," he said, holding his hands up. Dean nodded at him, and gave a small smile. Chuck looked uncomfortable as Cas and Dean walked up the stairs.

"Hey," Sam said, tapping Chuck on the shoulder, "don't feel bad. He's like that with every new person, especially grown men. He's had bad experiences with them."

"I understand, but now I feel like I've scared him," Chuck sighed, running a hand through his hair.

"You have scared him. But he'll get over it, he always does. He's a tough nugget," Sam said with a shrug.

"Heh, tough nugget..." Chuck laughed, walking off.

"Shall we go upstairs?" Gabe ushered Sam up to his room, where he wasted no time talking.

"Dean! Stop it, that's really stupid. Dean, that tickles! No! Noooooo," Cas giggled as Dean dig his fingers into his sides. Dean laughed and leaned down, bowling into Cas's stomach. Cas giggled and groaned, rolling around on the bed. Dean laughed and flopped down next to him. They lay there silently, staring at the plain white ceiling. Suddenly, Dean jumped up.

"We need old sheets, paint, and tape. STAT!!!" He hollered, running out of the room and down the stairs. Cas followed, looking confused.

"Chuck! We n-need sheets, old sheets th-that can get dirty, and p-painters tape, and black paint," Dean said, grinning widely.

"The garage... but... what?" Chuck stammered.

"Thanks!" Dean said, running out to the garage. Cas shrugged at his uncle and followed Dean to the garage.

"What are you doing?" Cas asked.

"We are going to have some fun," Dean laughed. He gathered the supplies and ran back upstairs. Handing the sheets to Cas, he smiled widely.

"Cover every surface you would rather not get paint on," he smiled, covering the bed and the floor around it. Dean pulled off his jacket and shoes, laying them under a section of sheets. Cas just shrugged and laid out the sheets, covering his desk and dresser. After the entire room was covered, Dean got to work. He put tape on the ceiling, standing on the bed.

"Make whatever shape you want to on the ceiling," Dean grinned, pulling off strips and strips of tape. Cas grinned, finally understanding, and got to work. Every now and then, he would glance at what Dean was making. It said D+C=<3 surrounded by stars. Cas glanced back at what he was making. A section of stars making his favorite constellation. Orion, the hunter. When he was done, he looked at his creation, then at Dean.

"Done?" Dean asked. Cas nodded, Dean pulled out two paint rollers and two buckets of black paint. He poured it into a pan and began to paint the ceiling. Cas followed in suit, and soon half the ceiling was covered. As they covered the rest, Dean suddenly pinched Cas' butt, make Cas jump and sling paint at him. It splayed across his face, and he pursed his lips. Cas froze, thinking Dean was going to yell at him, but then he smiled. Dean lifted his paintbrush, and flicked it at Cas. It splatted across his white shirt, and Cas laughed. A loud, happy noise, booming through the room. Dean laughed with him, a large, joyful, crashing noise, and eight people ran in.

"Who was laughing?" Chuck asked, and the boys paid him no mind. All eight of the people stared, open-mouthed, until Gabe stumbled in the door and grabbed a paintbrush. And painted a streak across Sam's surprised face and red lips. Sam glared at him and wiped it off his face, rubbing it into Gabe's hair. In the process, some hit Lucifer in the face, and he decided to join in. By flicking some in Michael's face. Michael glared at him, wiping some across his shirt. Gabe all of a sudden turned and flicked both the twins, Jo, Anna, and Chuck. They began to laugh an flick it everywhere, a full on war. Sam and Gabe versus Dean and Cas versus the twins versus Chuck, Jo, and Anna. When they stopped about an hour later, the gray walls were beautifully splatter-painted, as were the people. They glanced at each other, and began to laugh.

"Dibs on first shower!" Lucifer called. Everyone groaned, and finally, after much arguing, the order was Jo, Anna, Lucifer, Michael, Gabe, Sam, Dean, Cas, and Chuck.

"But fast showers!" Chuck called as Jo shut the door. About ten minutes later, "ANNA!" was heard through the house, and she went rushing in. And so on for the next forty-five minutes.

"Cas!" Dean called, and Cas went to the showers as Dean passed him in nothing but a towel. Dean was running to Cas' room, trying not to let anyone see his scars. Cas went in the bathroom and jumped in the shower. No one had ever turned it off, they were going so fast. In about ten minutes, Cas was out and in his room, where Dean was sitting on his bed, self-consciously rubbing his shoulders.

"M-my clothes are p-painted," Dean said with a grin, and Cas tossed him a t-shirt and a pair of boxers.

"There y-you go," Cas said, and began to get dressed himself. Dean came up behind him and wrapped his arms around him. Cas tilted his head back so it was on Dean's shoulder, and smiled at him.

"Your room looks cool. Very modern," Dean laughed. Cas laughed back at him and kissed his jawline. Dean turned his head and caught his lips, closing his eyes.

"Eeeew," came from the doorway, and Cas and Dean turned to looked at Sam and Gabe, scowling. And chased them out the door, laughing.

___________________________

I'm so sorry it took so long to update, writers block man!!! I try to update more often now that it's almost summer. I can't believe I've gotten over 260 reads! I love you, me lovelies!

~ Izzey B.