Chapter 12. Talking and Drawing and Eating, of course

The next morning Cas woke to screaming. Charlie looked at him as he rubbed out a crick in his neck, and nodded. She had on headphones and Cas smiled to her, then walked out and down the stairs. At the bottom of the stairs, he peeked around the corner. Dean was standing there in boxers waving his arms around and yelling. Bobby was waving his finger at him angrily.

"I d-don't need to go t-to speech therapy!" Dean yelled.

"Listen to yourself! They can make the stutter go away!" Bobby yelled back.

"I d-don't care about th-the stutter! It's m-me! It's p-part of me!" Dean said, throwing his arms in the air. Bobby stepped towards him, and Dean flinched back. Bobby let his arms drop, and sighed.

"I just want to help you," Bobby said.

"I don't n-need help," Dean said, and Cas took that moment to step forwards.

"Dean? B-Bobby is r-right," Cas said, touching Dean's arm. Dean sighed and slid down the wall. Bobby looked down at him, then sat on the floor next to him.

"Just go once. For me. If you don't like it, you don't have to go back," Bobby said. Dean looked confused.

"I'll g-go w-with you," Cas said, sitting next to him. Dean nodded.

"O-once," he said. Bobby nodded, and Cas leaned against his arm.

Two days later, Dean and Cas were excused from school, and went to speech therapy. Dean, Cas, Bobby, and Chuck were sitting in the waiting room awkwardly.

"Dean Winchester and Castiel Novak?" Said a lady who had just walked out. Dean and Cas stood up, glancing back at Bobby and Chuck, who encouraged them to go on. Dean took Cas's hand, and they walked back.

"Hi, I'm Dr. Piles. Which is Dean and which is Castiel?" Another woman said. Cas stepped forwards.

"Cas," he said, sticking out his hand. Dr. Piles shook it. Dean stepped forwards.

"Dean," he stuck out his hand.

"So, shall we get started?" She said, and Dean didn't react. Cas nodded, then shrugged, looking at Dean. He just shrugged, dejected. The walked back.

"Alright, so, tell me about yourselves," the doctor said, smiling. Dean looked down, and Cas rolled his eyes, nudging his shoulder.

"S-sorry about him. He d-doesn't want t-to be here," Cas said. She nodded, and looked at Dean.

"Dean? Can you answer me?" She said kindly, and he gave her the evil eye. Cas kicked him under the table, and Dean looked at him, then sighed.

"What d-do you want f-from me?" Dean grumbled. She sighed.

"I want nothing. I just want to help you," she said kindly. Dean huffed.

"I d-don't need any h-help," he grunted. Cas kicked him. He glared at Cas, then looked at the lady. She smiled at him.

"Now, shall we begin?"

Two hours later, Dean and Cas walked out happily. Bobby and Chuck walked in and took them outside.

"Hungry?" Bobby asked.

"Oh yeah," Dean laughed, Cas grinning at him and nodded.

"Well what do we want?" Bobby asked, and Dean and Cas glanced at each other.

"Burgers!" They chorused. Bobby and Chuck laughed. They jumped in Bobby's truck, the adults in the cab and the boys laying in the bed. Dean turned on his side, propping up his head with his hand. He looked at Cas, who was staring at the sky.

"So. You r-ready for the beach tomorrow?" Dean asked.

"Of course," Cas smiled, turning onto his side. Dean grinned and poked his nose. Cas laughed and turned back onto his back. Dean laid his head on his stomach, watching the clouds fly by. Cas weaved his fingers through the dirty blonde hair, closing his eyes.

Soon after, Bobby came and rapped on the side of the truck, making them jump out. Dean jumped off the side of the truck like a ninja, them was followed by Cas who floated down gracefully like a fairy.

"Shall we?" Dean stuck out his arm and Cas latched on, and they walked inside and sat down. Ellen came over to their table.

"How was it?" She asked.

"Fine," Cas said. Dean nodded in agreement.

"Great. So the usual for all of you, I'm guessing?" Ellen grinned. They nodded, along with Bobby and Chuck. Ellen smiled at them and went I get their meals. They sat quietly, Dean drawing little designs on the back of Cas's hand. Cas watched as different shapes appeared, a star surrounded by intricate wings and feathers. Bobby glanced over, and his jaw dropped.

"Dean that is really good! How long have you been doing that?" Bobby asked.

"About five minutes-" Dean started.

"No ya idjit. I mean drawing in general," Bobby said.

"Oh. Um... since I was about nine?" Dean said, unsure.

"You could make money off that. Hell, you could be a tattoo artist!" Bobby said. Chuck nodded in agreement.

"Yeah Dean. He's right. You could sell 'em at The Garage or here, even," Chuck advised. Dean nodded.

"Yeah, I g-guess I could. What d-do you think C-Cassie?" Dean said, turning to look at Cas.

"Most definitely," he nodded. Dean smiled, then shrugged. Ellen came over at that minute with their food.

"Dean; bacon cheeseburger supreme with fries and a root beer. Cas; everything cheeseburger and a sweet tea. Bobby; Caesar salad and a Heineken. Chuck; cheeseburger with no onions or tomatoes and a tea," Ellen listed off as each one nodded and grabbed the plates hungrily.

"Alright you heathens," she sighed, shaking her head and walking away. They dug in, moaning and closing their eyes with pleasure. Dean sighed and leaned against Cas's shoulders. Cas laughed as he chowed down on his burger.