Pottery with tartar

Dedicated to Winona Laura Horowitz

Winona Ryder as Lydia Deetz

.

.

LYDIA DEETZ AND THE MYSTERY OF AZKABAN

Chapter 3: Pottery with tartar

The next day, in the double class of potions with Slyterin's, Snape was in a dog mood and devoted himself to taking points out of his own house! Instead with Hufflepuff he ended up giving away the same amount of points. They all wondered if the professor hadn't gone mad and tried to look not too happy about winning the cup, just in case.

"Miss Deetz, stay after class," Snape told Lydia, when she gave her sample of her potion before ending the class.

"I'll wait for you outside, Lydia," Percy said to her.

"Thank you, I hope I won't be long."

Snape, once alone with Lydia, sent her to the seat with a dry wiggle of his head.

"I must congratulate you Miss Deetz for making the pathetic Hufflepuff team take the quidditch cup, do not expect to have the same luck with the cup of the house at the end of the course."

"I am grateful for his words professor," said Lydia without flinching, after all she had always been challenged by the other people for her Gothic way of dressing," I regret that your house has not had the opportunity to show its so characteristic worth in the tournament," she said, looking him directly in the eye, something that no student did, not even the prefects or the annual prize.

"I dislike you Deetz, you think that simply coming to Hogwarts can turn everything upside down as you please."

"Sir, I'm not trying to turn anything. My only intention is to make my house the best it can be. Isn't that what we all want?"

"Get out," Snape said.

Snape was confused, no student had ever said such a thing to him before, he knew that the girl's look and smile were sincere, for a moment he reminded her of Harry's mother. He decided to leave his office and when he opened the door he found that all the Hufflepuffs were right outside.

"What the hell are you doing here," the man barked at them.

"We're sorry, professor," said Percy, "we stayed to compare notes, we've already retired."

Having said that, all the students withdrew in silence, Snape had a chill run down his back.

.

.

Lupin returned to give classes and to make up for lost time he decided to give double classes, this time it was Griffindor and Hufflepuff's turn.

The professor brought a new creature and both Lydia and Hermione earned points for their homes.

"Now I want you to come closer, Miss Deetz and show us what we learned in this class."

"Yes, sir," Lydia replied, "Percy, please give me back my wand."

"Oops, sorry I got distracted," Percy said very embarrassedly, Percy immediately turned into a cat and Lydia grabbed his tail and effortlessly detached.