Chapter 16

Cali's P.O.V

I woke up to find Xavier was no where to be seen. I was a bit hungry so i decided to go down to the kitchen. I was walking in the hall to the kitchen when I heard voices talking.
"Xavier we need to act soon. They are getting restless." I heard Daniel say
"I know I just don't want Cali to get hurt" I heard Xavier say. I smiled.
"Son, we know how much she means to you but we also know that if you don't go and do this there will be war." Alpha Prince said
"Dad you can't just expect me to lie to Cali and then go marry a girl in another pack who, might I remind you she they hate each other." Xavier and I decided I didn't like the way this conversation was going so I walked in the room.
"Hey guys. What's up?" I say as if I hadn't heard anything thing. "Is something wrong?"
"No." Xavier said. I pretended to be confused and raised my eyebrow.
"Ok? That's cool. I am going for a run" I say and Xavier growled.
"You're not going without Daniel and at least 3 other wolves.
"Why?" I ask
"Because I said so. And that's final!" Xavier snapped
"Fine. Whatever you say" I said venomously. I turned and walked out of the room into the family room. I heard footsteps behind me. "What?" I asked annoyed
"He is just trying to protect you" Daniel said
"From what?!" I asked angrily
"I can't tell you." Daniel said and I sat down on the couch with my eyes fixed on the TV and my arms crossed over my chest. I sat and pouted.
"Well, well, well what do we have here?" I heard someone ask. I felt chills go up my spin as I recognized the most infamous rouge in the world.
"What are you doing here?" Daniel asked
"I came to deliver a message to your Alpha and it seems someone else is in need of my assistance." The rouge said, the to me "Is he bothering you doll?"
"No why? It's not like you'd care anyway" I said
"Ouch doll that hurts" the rouge, Jack, said in a hurt voice. Jack walked over to me, sat next to me and put his arm around me.
"Get out of my father house now?" Daniel snarled
"So you aren't the beta yet. Pity." We all heard people running from the kitchen and I knew Xavier wouldn't be happy about how close we were.
"Get your arm away from my mate" Xavier said but it sounded more like Fang.
"Oh so this beautiful girl is your mate?" Jack said slowly. I knew he was just trying to get Xavier to act first.
"Stop" I said standing up. "Jack say your message and get out."
"Alpha Xavier in a few days time you will lose someone very close to you and you will feel pain in a way you have never experienced. Good luck Alpha"

-------------------------------------------------------
Here is chapter 16. Hope you like it.
-Megan