𝘯𝘶𝘳𝘴𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘴𝘪𝘤𝘬

CHAPTER TWELVE; BREAK ON THROUGH

❝ judgement comes from everyone, whether we like it or not ❞

judgement comes from everyone, whether we like it or not

・ 。゚☆

mystic falls hospital

ALARIC WAS LAYING INSIDE THE MRI machine while Meredith, Rose, and Elena were on the other side of the glass looking at the results on the monitors. "What are you looking for," Rose questioned curious pointing at the computer screen.

Honest with her answer she explained to the young girl, "I don't know. A tumor, vascular anomalies. Anything physical that might explain his behavior. If it's medical, I can treat it."

Pacing with worry Elena countered with a question, "And if it's not?"

Meredith looked up at the young girl answering hopefully, "Well... Then we'll deal with that, too."

Eager to know the Gilbert brunette followed up with the doctor, "When did you suspect him? That it was Alaric who was killing all of those people?"

"It was after he told me about his ring," Meredith began to clarify to the girls still looking at the monitors, "I remembered a story my grandmother had told me about Samantha Gilbert and her secret journal." With a twinge of amusement she joked, "I don't know if you know this, but we Fells are notorious busybodies."

Wanting to know why she would protect Alaric the blonde asked, "Then why did you protect him?"

Simple in her explanation she responded back to her with a shrug as if it should've been clear by now, "Because I'm a doctor. I don't like to see someone hurt by something they have no control over. And, because when he and I first met, I felt like, I don't know, I... I just kind of want to help him."

Rose looked back into the room watching Alaric who was in the MRI. Suddenly he pressed the button yelling, "No! Meredith! Meredith."

Answering him back the doctor got the button to talk to him concern coming from her as she asked, "Everything all right in there?"

The girls waited holding their breath a moment before they received a response, "Yeah. Yeah, everything's OK."

.·:*¨༺ ༻¨*:·

mystic falls hospital [ alaric's room ] 

Standing before Alaric, Rosemary told him, "Well, good news, everything is normal." The MRI they did came up with nothing meaning whatever was wrong with Alaric had to be supernatural. Which had yet to be determined of that was better out worse for them all.