𝒍𝒊𝒌𝒆 𝒂 𝒉𝒐𝒔𝒕𝒂𝒈𝒆

CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO; THE KILLER

❝ day after day the world becomes darker and I weaker ❞ 

・ 。゚☆

❝ mystic grill [ interior ] ❞ 

ROSE LISTENED AS HER brother scolded through the phone, "Really? Jeremy, you're half an hour late. Get here now." Nearly an hour after her brother left for work he called asking for her to come in a help in for the day. He only needed to do this after Jeremy hadn't shown up himself for work frustratingly enough. Slamming the restaurant's phone receiver back onto the wall Matt huffed looking to his sister.

Before Rose even had a chance to cheer him up, the chime of the door as it opened stopped her cold. The Donovan siblings turned seeing none other than April sheepishly greeting them, "Uh, Matt? Rose?"

They shared looks of puzzlement before Matt spoke up, "Uh, hey, April. We don't open till eleven."

"Oh, sorry. I wasn't, like, trying to scare you or stalk you or whatever. I just, um, I came to ask if you've seen Rebekah," instantly hearing her name Rose became flooded with guilt. She hadn't said a word to anyone about what Rose had learned believing it would only cause worse problems for them all. If she told anyone every would turn on Stefan for not telling them to begin with, but they didn't understand. Klaus didn't give Stefan a choice, and Rose sympathized with him simply wanting to save Elena from a fate she herself hated.

Rose turned away from them continuing to wipe down tables as the elder sibling wondered, "Why would I have seen Rebekah?"

"Oh, I just assumed. I mean, aren't you guys kind of like a thing," April said making both siblings look shock. 

Out of the backroom, Connor slowly walked out with Jeremy. He held a knife to Jeremy's throat keeping him silent as they listened.