Chapter three

Picture of Dee

KHORI'S POV

    If I said I was upset it would have been the understatement of the year, I was out right murderous. I mean how could Rhori pull this sort of crap and on the first day too! Gale had showed me the way to the headmistress' office. The talk with Mrs. Dales (the headmistress) had been short and straight forward. She explained that this type of behavior wasn't tolerated at Torrington and she advice against another episode of such a thing.

After having addressed and resolved the problem she lost her strict business-like demeanor and became more soothing and welcoming. She offered us some cookies which Rhori quickly accepted and began asking us about how we liked the school, seeming to forget the whole after hours swimming incident. Gale had been right, she was cool.

    We exchanged our goodbyes after she advised us to go and get settled in after realizing how late it was. On our way out I saw the guy who had gotten in trouble with Rhori, Cole I remembered as Rhori had mentioned his name before. He approached us with a cocky smile.

"Soaking wet looks good on you cupcake" he said to Rhori smiling. 

"So you're the asshole who got her in trouble" I said angrily.

He opened his mouth to reply but he was stopped by a sound whack to the back of his head.

  "You idiot!" Gale exclaimed "I can't even leave you alone for five seconds without you doing something stupid"

  "He's you're brother?" I asked incredulously

  "We're still waiting for the DNA results but meanwhile you're coming with me" he said putting Cole into a firm headlock. "Bye Khori" he said walking away still having Cole in the headlock.

  After that we began looking for our rooms, Mrs. Dales had given me  directions but man was this place huge. Every now and then I would catch Rhori sneaking a glance at me and each time she would open her mouth as if to say something then abruptly shut it. Good I thought, my silence was making her miserable.

   We finally got to our rooms a little after 10, her room was 101 and mine was 102. I had to admit that it was a little weird not having Rhori as a roommate anymore, I mean we have been sharing a room for as long I could remember. I  gave her the key to her room and she put it on top of her suitcase due to the fact that her hands were full because of the box which Mrs Clarke had given me early. I opened the door to my new room and was about to go in when Rhori spoke up.

   "Khori," she began "I'm so-"

  "Save it" I said cutting her off, I sighed. "Rhori I really don't wanna argue right now, I'm tired so I'll see you tomorrow". And with that I closed the door behind me leaving Rhori behind. Honestly she deserved it I told myself, but if she did deserve it why was I feeling so guilty?

   RHORI'S POV

I blinked back my tears. Don't cry I told myself, Khori had all right to be upset, I let her down big time. I was gonna make it up to her tomorrow. I quickly opened my room not wanting to stay in the hallway any longer. I nearly fainted at the sight of what was behind the door, everything was PINK and FLUFFY, the walls, the window panes the beds and even the floor was decked with a pink fabric.

   "Ahem!" said a voice

  I spun around to see a life sized barbie, I mean she was tall, blonde, had big blue eyes, flawless skin and a pair of boobs that could be used as a flotation device if needed. I rattled my brain, what does one say first say when meeting barbie. After some long deliberation I finally went with causal and simple.