Chapter Ten

RHORI'S POV

    The cafeteria was buzzing with life, everyone was talking animatedly. I got home from the hospital late last night so today would be my first day back after three weeks of being hospitalized. The physiotherapy did wonders, although I wasn't a hundred percent better, I could still work with ninety-nine percent.

   I bought my lunch (a very healthy one I might add), Dr.Walters had advised me to cut down on sugary, fatty and salty food and being the obedient patient I am, I only bought half of my usual lunch. I made my way across the room to the table which had: Khori, Gale, Dee but no Cole. My heart fell a little.

"Did you take your medicine?" Khori asked.

Sigh. Couldn't even give me a minute.

"Um, no but I have my pills now" I said displaying the bottle from my handbag. "I'll take it after I'm finished "

"Make sure that you do" she replied sternly.

"Yea yea. Anyway changing the subject" I turned to Gale "Gale thanks for donating your blood to help with my surgery, i  can't believe you were O negative too. And my doctor was saying it would be a one in a trillion chance that there would be someone who had my blood type in this universe!"

Khori raised an eyebrow

"Are you sure that's what he said?"

"He said something like that, you know how his body distracts my mind"

"A dust mite distracts your mind " she staged whispered

Everyone laughed at that.

"It was nothing " Gale mumbled looking a little nervous.

  "What's the matter?" I asked "Just because I took your blood once doesn't mean I'm gonna make you my personal blood whore"

He smiled.

"I was just worried about you, I'm glad you're okay now"

"Glad to see that at least one Hunter brother cared about how I was"

"Cole cares.... He just has a phobia of hospitals and when you got admitted it was a huge blow on him."

"Whatever you say" I said in a cut tone.

Lunch went on in an awkward silence until the guy walked up to the table. He was tall, had a light brown complexion, green eyes and wavy black hair giving me the impression that he was of Hispanic descent.

"Hey Gale" he said "Hey ladies" he continued, although he had said ladies he was only looking at Dee.

He sat down directly beside Dee, who clearly wasn't pleased with the new sitting arrangements.

"Well aren't you going to introduce me?" he asked an amused Gale.

Gale laughed.

"I'm sorry. Girls this is Toni, linguist extraordinaire, basketball god and well known lecher " He said in voice full of mock awe.

Toni made a face.

"I prefer the title Ladies' man" he said smiling at Dee giving her the full blast of the two dimples one located on each of his cheeks.

"And I prefer having my own personal space" Dee replied crinkling her nose as she moved over on the seat which in turn caused Toni to moved over with her. I smiled, Awww how cute.

"You know a lot of girls would die to be in your place right now"

"Great! That mean you won't be lonely when I tell you to flip off" she growled.