Ch 3 : the game

Sarah parked in short term parking and we walked the short distance to will call . I was a bit awe struck at console sure I'd seen it on tv a million times . But being here in person was different I took about a hundred pictures on my phone . And Sarah had to pull me towards will call.

" Don't use all your phone battery tard "

"Fine but one more take one more in front of Lemieux's statue . "

" Fine but only so you don't act like a tourist tonight "
I thanked her and went to pose in front of the statue after she took my picture we headed to will call . We waited in line with a few other people and I took time to reply to Sids text .Attaching the picture Sarah had just taken . And entitling it " Getting ready to pick the tickets up once Again a million thanks . "

" Your texting him aren't you . "

"No ." she glared " Yes I'm just thanking him for doing this he didn't have to ."

" But he did he clearly liked something about you . "
We stepped up to the will call window and I gave the attendant my name and showed her my Id. She went to the back to get the tickets. I got another text on my phone

" You look like your having fun but you know what would make this picture better . You wearing my numbers. "

I blushed and replied " I'm saving my Crosby jersey for tonight . For the game but I'll be just another girl in a Crosby jersey."

" Yes but you'll be the only one who has tickets by that same player ."

Soon the attendant returned with the tickets and gave the spiel about when the doors opened and so on , before handing me the Manila envelope I thanked her . Sarah and I headed back to her car . As Sarah drove me back to the hotel I opened the envelope . I went through it contents .Map of the arena check , the rule sheet that anyone who's ever been to an nhl game knows by heart. Check ,More random ass information. Tickets , tickets I just want to see the tickets. There at the bottom of the envelope where the two tickets . I pulled them out and smiled a little . There they were in all there glory . I heard Sarah snicker .

" What ?"

" Nothing your just smiling like a dork "

I rolled my eyes at her gathering all the things from the envelope back together so they could go back in the envelope but wait there was something else still left . Huh I raised an eyebrow and pulled the last item from the envelope.My eyes grew wide at what I held in my hands . No no way ,no way this can't be right I quickly pulled out my cell and texted Sid . " A VIP pass , you didn't , but ... Why ? " Sarah could tell I was freaking out and spoke

" What are you frantically texting about ?"

" Look at this " I held up the VIP pass .

" Woah ! "

" I know right but what does it mean "

" It means he wants to see you agian dumb ass stop over-thinking things " she pulled in in front of the hotel. And I shoved everything back in the envelope.

"See you in the Starbucks just off the lobby at 5 ?"

I nodded before unbuckling and stepping out of the car .

"Oh and Claire , "

" Yeah ?"

" Don't scare him off "

I stuck my tongue out at her and shut the door heading back to my hotel room. I lay on the bed for at least a half hour just thinking was all of this really happening ? I was brought out of my daze by my phone buzzing I picked it up it was from Sid