Ch 8 the wedding part 2

Sids pov*********

The night was young I was with a beautiful women and to spite receiving servel looks from guests to hinting they knew who I was I wasn't bothered . I had a nice conversation with the groom , who was a very big penguins fan I promised I'd get him tickets to our next home game . Before joining Claire again then going with her to the dance floor. I'd never been much of a dancer , but I wasn't a horrible dancer . Dancing out there on the floor with Claire it was easy to lose ones self. Especially when you companion was so beautiful .She had told me she was semi athletic and it showed in her physique and the way she moved . Maybe it was just the atmosphere talking our maybe I was losing it . But I was deeply beginning to care for Claire . I knew what that meant and it lead to more romantic things.

I'd only been in a couple of significant relationships in my life time , it's not that I didn't want to , I just had always been focus on hockey . Every since I was little that was the star in my world and most women didn't understand my commitment to the sport, for me it was more then just that. But things had changed when I had suffered my two major concussions in the span of two years . I wasn't able to play the one game my whole life revolved around , during this time I began to reorganize my life .I still cared deeply for hockey but I began to realize Their was more to life then just hockey . If you took hockey out of my life what did I have ? Not much . It was because of this realization I had started to be more social and spend more time out and about . I was still killing in hockey so why couldn't I have a social life. The answer was I couldn't I could have both and still be committed to my first love , love of the game .

Everyone cleared the dance floor so the couple could have their first dance I and Claire included . I had an arm around her watching the newlyweds dance to All for you by Keith urban. I wasn't a big fan of country music but I didn't hate it so I'd heard the song a time or two . It was a good song for a first dance . Defiantly not the worse choice , as Claire and I stood their watching the pair. I got that tingly almost butterfly like feeling in the pit if my stomach. I knew what that meant . I wanted to kiss her she'd had several drinks .I'd had a couple myself I'd kissed her before so why not here why not now. I leaned in and kissed her . She didn't pull back in fact she wrapped her arms around my neck . She wasn't a bad kisser I don't know how long we kissed and remained liked that but when I pulled away a few people where starring . What nothing to see here . I pulled her off to talk maybe make out .

That only lasted so long soon we where back on the dance floor we were very close not all over each other like some couples but certainly not far away . Another hour passed and I found myself making out with Claire on the dance floor . I was growing tired of this party I think Claire was to I whispered to her " why don't we leave and go somewhere more enjoyable . " she nodded and we left the dance floor. She lead me to where Nathan and Sarah sat

" I think we r gonna get out of here butthank you for the invite."

" okay thank you both for coming . Will I talk to you later Claire ?"

"Yeah I will text you laterbye girl

The sudden pushing together of words clued me into Claire's lack of soberness she wasn't super drunk at least I didn't think so she was at least coherent . How many drinks did she have anyway ? I began to think as we where walking to my car doing a tally . 4 and a half five one or two of those were light I thought . Hmm It became even more clear as she fumbled to fasten her seat belt. Definitely not sober .

" let's go back to my place and watch a movie or something okay "

She agreed , more like I didn't know where her hotel key was and I didn't want to dig through her bag , talk about invasion of privacy . And I didn't even know what room she was in , yep we were going to my place .

It didn't take us long to pull into my drive way . Thankfully my house was finished heaven knows how I would have explained bring a drunk girl into Mario's house . That would have been bad and heaven knew I didn't need that . As we walked up the driveway to the door . She held my arm she might fall over if not , she didn't seem super drunk to me though. How would I know it was said that everyone handled there booze differently and this was becoming more and more evident as the years went by. We got settled in my living room and I popped in a movie not even really paying attention to the movie I was to distracted by the girl who was curled up laying against my chest . I'm not exactly sure how it happened but we soon found ourselves in my room kissing and caressing each others body . Whispering endless nothings to each other . I really wanted to I really did but not like this , not when she was half drunk . Claire was attempting to slip her dress off and got it caught on her heel . I couldn't let her get anymore naked or I wouldn't be able to stop myself .

" woah , let's just stop a moment . "

" but Sid Ireally want tu"

" I know sweetheart but , I don't want to do it like this not with you in your... Current state "

She pouted

" I promise If we keep seeing each-other we will let's get ready for bed I'm not letting you go home you can stay here with me. She Giggled and nodded

" I don't supose you have a te shirt I canborrow. "

" I nodded digging in my closet I had a feeling it was gonna be a long night. "