The holiday season ch 36

Before I knew it , the holiday season was upon us . Between finals and work , I'd only had a little time to do my Christmas shopping . Tomorrow was skates and plates and I wondered if Vero would be free to have some girl time . I called her house and flower picked up the phone .

" Hello ."

" Hey , flower is Vero around ? "

" Yeah I'll put her on . " There was some ruffling on the other end of the phone then I heard two voices speaking French before I heard her voice .

" Hey , girl what's up ? "

" I was thinking since tomorrow is skates and plates , and both our boys will be busy . We should have some girl time some shopping and then dinner maybe . Catch up ? "

" That sounds wonderful , I could get a sitter for Estelle and we could shop for dresses for the Christmas party . "

" You, read my mind I also have to pick up some more gifts I've been so busy . "

" Oh I know the feeling .Come over to my place at 5 ? "

" Sounds good I'll see you then . "

" Au revoir "

I hung up sounded like a plan .

The next day . I was over at Sid's just finishing straightening my hair . When Sid came into the bathroom .

" Is this bow tie on straight ? "

" Not quite love . " I straightened it for him . " There . "

" What would I do without you?" He asked wrapping his arms around my waist .

I chuckled " Oh I'm sure you'd mange . You'd better get going can't be late . " I gave him a kiss and sent him on his way . I finished getting ready and headed out .

Vero answered the door dressed in white pants and a pick sweater .

" I didn't think you a pink girl . "

" I'm not but every girl must have a few pink pieces in their wardrobe . "

" True "

" You ready to go ."

" Yep let's get going ."

We shopped for 3 hours and I got what I needed for Christmas . Before we went for a late dinner at the melting pot . As we ate we caught up with each others lives . I'd mentioned that I was going to be an aunt and this brought the talk to babies .

" Have you thought about kids . "

" I have Sid and I had that conversation a little bit ago and we both think now wouldn't be a good time . "

" Honey there is never a good time for a hockey player to have children . Look at Marc and I. I eventually managed to convince him we weren't going to try but we wouldn't prevent it and lo and behold I got pregnant . If it's meant to be it will . "

" I suppose your right . " It was quiet a few moments before she spoke .

" What are your plans for Christmas ."

" Not much I think Sid and I are just staying home . Another quiet Christmas . "

After dinner we went back to her house and I eventually went home .

The next thing I knew it was time for the pens Christmas party . It would be fun I'd heard stories . I dressed in a grey almost silver dress . I wondered what the night would hold for us only one way to find out . Sid and I headed over to the venue we weren't the first to arrive but not the last let the fun begin . About half way through the party I noticed Geno was sitting alone at a corner table nurse a bottle of vodka . He looked down and I'd noticed he hadn't been amongst those of us having fun . I decided to mention this to Sid surely he would know what was up with the other half of the two headed monster .