3rd secret | No Letter, No Entry

"Welcome to Skywood Academy,

where everyone is special and every ability is a gift.

Know your limits and surpass them,

exceed your thoughts and succeed with yourself."

******************************

THIRD SECRET

No Letter, No Entry

******************************

[3rd person's POV]

A beautiful, tall woman sat in front of him. They were sitting opposite each other.

Luce's long, black coat contrasted the couch's bright red color.

The woman had her dark locks put into a neat, tight bun. Red stained her beautiful, plump lips perfectly. Her eyes were sharp yet gentle in a way. She had blue orbs as light as the clear sky. Her big diamond earrings dangled as she sipped her hot tea.

Luce was also drinking his. A bit bitter than what she had because it had less sugar cubes.

"You're her guardian now, Luce." Ani nung babae habang ipinatong ang kaniyang cup sa maliit na plato sa may mesa.

"I know." Matipid na sagot ni Luce.

"Then why won't you stay? You're supposed to protect her." She said as a-matter-of-fact.

Luce finished his drink and bent forward, ipinatong nya ang kaniyang mga braso sa magkabilang tuhod and he intertwined his fingers. "I am. But it is not as easy as said. The reason why she is to stay here is because it is a safe place for her and this is the place where Jerman and Angela want her to be since the very beginning. And because you are here."

The woman chuckled at him. "Of course, I want to protect her, Luce. She's like a daughter to me."

"Good. That's all I wanted to hear." Luce nodded his head and stood up. Obviously satisfied with her words.

She sighed. "As much as I want you to stay here, you won't, right? You're like a free spirit, going from one place to another."   The woman shook her head as she watched him straighten his coat. "Yet you know  you have a responsibility to uphold to. And it is that girl." 

"Don't worry, I will." He reassured her.

She stood up and followed him. Before he could go outside the door, she put her hand on his shoulder. Napatigil si Luce at lumingon ito sa kaniya. "Don't be reckless." She said.

He only gave her a small smile and as if communicating with their eyes, they said their good-byes to each other. Luce walked away and out of the room, leaving the door to close by itself.

*******

The woman stood beside the bed and watched the girl sleep quietly. But Rhia's face wasn't that of a peaceful one, her eyebrows were furrowed even in her sleep. Probably due to the wound she had on her head and leg. She has lost too much blood.

Rhia didn't have her hood on her face and so the woman could see her features so clearly. Yet she didn't show any signs of disgust or shock, instead it was that of love and care... for her god-daughter