Unexpected Meeting

Yan Da covered her face. Its only her eyes that could be seen. She's wearing a simple emerald dress and a coat to match it. She didn't wear her usual attire because she doesn't want anyone to recognize who she is. She just hoped that the toxin healer is not in the healer tribe right now or she'll be exposed.

She could change her appearance but not her scent. Luna would immediately recognize her if she's there.

Taking in a deep breath, she entered the tribe.

(^_^) (^_^) (^_^)

"Your Highness, are you sure that you are feeling better?" Huang Tuo asked at Prince Ka Suo. The prince smiled, reassuring his friend.

"That I am. I'll come back after a few days."

"Ah, you don't have to do that. I could just go there in the palace and check on you."

Ka suo shook his head. "No. I know that you're busy. Besides I need to get out of there once in a while."

Huang Tuo smiled in understanding. "I'll see you in a few days then."

They were about to part when they saw a woman who was almost hit by a passing cart. The two quickly went to her when they saw her hit the ground harshly.

"Are you alright!?" Huang Tuo asked crouching down. The woman whimpered, clutching her stomach. "My baby..."

They heard her say, making Huang Tuo move fast. He let his energy inside her checking and healing her. He sighed in relief when he felt the child's strong energy.

"Are you..." He stopped when she saw that she fainted in Ka Suo's arms.

(^_^) (^_^) (^_^)

Shi frowned, feeling restless all of a sudden. Maybe it's because his brother isn't back yet? A golden ornament then fell from his robe. He stared at it for a while before picking it up.

It's Yan Da's hair jewelry. It was left behind when she came to see yesterday. He didn't know why he kept it. His first thought was to throw it away but something stopped him, making him keep it instead.

He sighed, carefully tucking it inside his robe again. He has a lot of things to focused to instead of just thinking of a certain fire princess.

(^_^) (^_^) (^_^)

Ka Suo gently put the woman in the bed. "Is she alright?" he asked after covering her with a blanket.

"She is. Her baby is really energetic." Huang Tuo answered, remembering the kick he had receive a while ago.

"She doesn't seem familiar to me. Is she one of your people?"

Huang Tuo shook his head, "She's probably a visitor."

Ka Suo frowned at that. "And her family let her travel alone? In this condition?"

Huang Tuo sighed sadly. "Prince Ka Suo, you may not know this but there are some tribes in the mortal realm that does that for reasons."

"Reasons?"

"One is to get rid of the one who dishonored the name of their family and two if they couldn't afford to fed that person anymore."

Ka Suo's heart throb in pain at what he heard. How cruel.

"Uh, Prince Ka Suo aren't you going to go back to the ice palace? Prince Shi is probably waiting for you."

The Prince stood up, knowing that the healer is right. He was about to take first step when the woman whimpered, getting the attention of the two.

"No..."

"Please... stop..."

She said, breaking two hearts. Huang Tuo became uncomfortable.

"What's wrong?" Ka Suo asked noticing this.

"I think she was raped ..."

Ka Suo's eyes widen at that, looking at the vulnerable woman on the bed. He growled. Men with no honor, he spat in his head.

"Take care of her. Keep me updated on her condition." He said, trying to keep down the protectiveness that he felt for the woman. His mother taught him to be kind and respectful towards others especially women. So, he hates it when he sees other men hurt women for no reason. To despoil them and force them to do things they don't want.

Barely in control of his anger, he left the healer tribe.