Endings and Beginnings

Weeks passed. Everything was well and peaceful. The family spends their time together whenever they can. They eat breakfast, lunch and dinner together. Sometimes they all sleep in Shi's room who has the biggest bed. They couldn't be happier.

Unfortunately for them, Shi was right. The peaceful days didn't last long. The attack came out of nowhere. No one saw it coming. It was supposed to be an ordinary day like the others but no. This day was the start and end of something.

Ka Suo and the other tribe leaders quickly went to the borders to defend the kingdom. Shi stayed with Yan Da and Tian Xing for a while.

"Ying Kong Shi," Yan Da said. Fear and pain laced her voice. Shi gave her a comforting smile.

"Be strong Yan Da." He said, kissing her. They talked about it. The possibilities. Yan Da clung to him.

"You know that we won't let you go that easy," She told him. Tears in her eyes. Shi grinned. "Then I'll be waiting for you both."

He then held his son, kissing him on the forehead. "Be good Tian Xing. I love you." The child cooed, understanding him. He then gave him back to Yan Da.

"I love you." he uttered. She cried, nodding. "I love you too."

Shi then left to fight with his brother.

(^_^) (^_^) (^_^)

Shi came at the right time. His people were outnumbered. He quickly disposed of the ones in his way. When he was done helping the others, he went to his brother.

His eyes glint in hate when he saw the one that his brother was fighting. His father. He had taken over someone else's body. He growled. He had gone far this time.

"Ge," he called out, going beside his brother.

"You finally showed up," Yuan Ji said, smirking. "The two kings of Ice Tribe. Might as well finished you both at the same time. Then after you two. I'll kill your beloved Yan Zhu and that son of yours."

Shi and Ka Suo glared at him in hate. "Enough talk. Let's finish this."

An intense battle then happened between the three. They fought for hours. No one wanted to give in. Yuan Ji wanted to finish all of them. For him they are inferior to him. He hated them.

For Shi and Ka Suo, the fight was to protect the ones important to them. Especially their queen and their son.

Sweat beaded Ka Suo's forehead. He was getting tired. His body wasn't fully accustomed to the powers inside him. Shi noticed this. He expected it. Actually, he was surprised that his brother lasted this long.

It takes time to adjust to the energy that Yan Da gave to him. Months were needed for him to be able to control it fully.

"Ge, you should go."

Ka Suo shook his head. "No. I can still fight. Besides look at him. He's getting tired too."

Yuan Ji was indeed breathing heavily. His body is borrowed after all. Shi nodded, readying to attack again. Same with Ka Suo.

The fight continued. Until the body that Yuan Ji was using totally disintegrated. Shi and Ka Suo looked at each other, smiling. Yuan Ji was still around though. He's weak but he still had strength left.

With his remaining powers, he launched directing it to Shi.

"SHI!" screamed the two voices. One was Ka Suo and the other Lotus. Ka Suo quickly caught his brother's falling form. Lotus was about to ran to his son but Yuan Ji intercepted, taking her away from there.

(^_^) (^_^) (^_^)

Yan Da let out a pained cry, feeling Shi's energy disappear. She held Tian Xing tight. Not long though, her eyes blaze in determination. She got up, looking at her son.

Shi's death was her signal.

"Tian Xing," she said. "My little Tian Xing. Listen to my voice."

The boy opened his eyes, meeting his mother's sorrowful but loving gaze.

"You are a strong boy. Remember that you are loved. You are cherished. Treasured. Your strength would be your loving heart. Your will and trust in people. No weapon would be able to hurt or kill you. No matter where it's made. Here, the mortal realm nor other realms. This is my enchantment and never will it be broken." She said in a powerful voice. The atmosphere around the mother and son, ooze with power.

"Gods of the immortals. Please watch over my child and Ying Kong Shi's." She continued. A lightning flashed nearby, telling her that they heard her. She smiled, caressing Tian Xing's cheek. The child nuzzled his mother's hand, saying good bye.

Yan Da nodded. "I love you."

She then left him with a message for Ka Suo.

(^_^) (^_^) (^_^)

Ka Suo and the others went back to the castle with a heavy heart. Tear marks were still on his face. He didn't bother wiping them. His heart was broken.

"Your Majesty! It's the queen..."

Hearing that, Ka Suo moved fast going to Yan Zhu's room.

"Yan Zhu!" he called out but no one answered him.

"Yan Zhu!" he repeated again. His heart started breaking again. Each second that passed without an answer, his heart was torn in pieces.

He sobbed when he only saw Tian Xing with a bottle containing a message. He hugged the child, crying his heart out.

Not only did he lose his brother that day but also his queen. He lost his two most important persons on the same day.

The sky darkened, sympathizing with the king below.

With Yan Da...

"You're finally back," Shuo Gang said, meeting her. She smirked. "Of course. I'm done with my training."

"Let's test it then." He challenged her.

Yan Da gave him an arrogant smile. "The same rules." She answered, attacking.

~End Of book 1~