Complication

Yan Da smiled, enjoying the sunlight. It's seven in the morning and she just woke up. She loves mornings. Especially when the sun is still not fully up, she yawned, rubbing her belly.

It's been two days since she decided to stay in the healer tribe and she has to admit. She's enjoying herself. Huang Tuo has been taking care of her. She smiled. Lucky is the woman who the healer will marry in the future. He's a very sweet and kind man.

"Good morning."

Speaking of the devil...

"Good morning," Yan Da answered, smiling. Huang Tuo never missed breakfast with her. He returned her smile. Actually, he looked forward eating with Yan Zhu every day.

Mostly before she came there in the healer tribe. He always eats alone. Sometimes he just skipped his meals to avoid feeling lonely.

"What's our breakfast for today?" Yan Zhu said, getting up.

"You told me that you've been craving for meat so..." He said, showing her the well cooked meat. Yan Da chuckled at his antics. "Wait for me in the garden."

He nodded, letting her get ready.

(^_^) (^_^) (^_^)

Yan Da quickly took a bath and dressed herself. It'll be rude to make her host wait. On her way there though, she felt herself crumble into the ground. She gasped, hands on her stomach.

Yan Da there's one thing that you should never forget. If you ever get pregnant, stay close to the father of your child. You shouldn't stay away for him for too long. Because if you do, you will lose your child. The children of our clan need's their father's energy and presence to survive in the earlier months of pregnancy. So, Yan Da no matter what. Do not forget this.

Her mother's words rang in her head. Damn it. How could she have forgotten it.

(^_^)(^_^)(^_^)

Huang Tuo frowned when Yan Zhu didn't come yet. She was always fast to get ready. Following his instincts, he went back to see her.

"Yan Zhu!"

"Huang Tuo," she called out, reaching out for him. He quickly went to her side, lifting her up. He could feel his heart freeze in fear. He could see how her face twisted in pain. She's also becoming paler by the minute. Putting her down on her bed, he quickly got to work.

Meanwhile in the Ice Palace...

Shi crouched down in pain, feeling his chest throb in pain. "Ahh!" Slowly, he felt it disappear. When it was totally gone he got up. What was that? Besides feelings restless the past days, he also felt empty like he was supposed to be somewhere than the Ice palace.

He brushed it off though. Not taking it seriously. He probably needs time to adjust living here again. He after all lived in the mortal realm for quite a long period of time.

(^_^) (^_^) (^_^)

Ka Suo hurriedly went to the healer tribe. Huang Tuo told him what happened. After some time, he reached his destination.

"Huang Tuo," he said, entering the room.

"Ka Suo wang zi." Huang Tuo said, feeling drained. He used most of his energy in healing Yan Zhu.

"How is she?" Asked the prince, going over the two. He saw Yan Zhu's steadily breathing. However, her face is still twisted in pain. Ka Suo sat down beside her.

"She's stable but I'm afraid that she won't last long." Huang Tuo said, eyes fixed on Yan Zhu. Ka Suo gulped at that. A heavy stone in his heart.

"I brought her some clothes and a bouquet of snow cherry blossoms. You told me that she wanted some."

Huang Tuo nodded, trying not to cry. He didn't want to lose her. Even for a short time, she became a family to him. A sister and a mother at the same time.