Trio

Shi had stopped crying but Yan Da didn't let him go. In fact, she held him closer. "Feeling better?"

"Quite," he said, snuggling closer to her. "Can we stay like this for a while?"

She smiled. "How about we move to the bed?" She said, letting go of him. Shi nodded, offering his hand to her.

The two then went to the bed, lying down. Holding each other close. "Ying Kong Shi, you do know that you're not alone. I'm here. There's also Ka Suo. You need not to carry all of these by yourself."

Shi buried his face on her neck, breathing in her scent. "I'm afraid that you'll hate me. Both of you."

Yan Da frowned at that. She sat up, glowering at him. "Ying Kong Shi, are you underestimating our love for you?" She growled. Shi gulped. "N-no."

Her eyes narrowed. "Listen well. We love you. You are a part of us. Your problems are our problems. It's fine if you're scared but you need to believe and trust us. Ying Kong Shi, we're here and we would stand by your side no matter what."

Shi smiled, feeling his heart grew with happiness. A chuckle then filled the room, making the two look at the doorway.

"Ge," Shi said, getting up.

"She's right. You know." Ka Suo said, going beside the two. "Shi, we are here for you. So, tell us. What's really going on?"

Shi looked at the two people in front of him. Fear still clouded his mind but the trust and encouragement in their eyes told him that's it's going to be alright.

He told them everything. The things his mother did. The black smoke. His mistakes. Ka Suo and Yan Da listened to him, giving him a comforting hug once in a while.

(^_^) (^_^) (^_^)

Yan Da gently, ran her fingers through His Majesty's hair. Shi was sleeping peacefully on her lap. She urged him to sleep when she saw the tiredness in the other's eyes. "He looked really peaceful like this."

Ka Suo smiled. Yet there's sadness in his eyes. Shi had been through a lot and he didn't even notice it. Seeing this, Yan Da cupped his face. "Don't blame yourself. Because now, we know and we could share his burdens."

Ka Suo chuckled, kissing her palm. She's really the best, knowing the right things to say at times like this.

"But he's really silly, thinking that we'd hate him..." Yan Da said, shaking her head.

"Shi had always been alone. Except for me and her mom, no one ever really paid attention to him when he was a child. He hated it here. That's why I was surprised when he told me that he wanted to be king."

"He wanted to do it for you." Yan Da supplied, making the prince smile sadly.

"And I let him." Ka Suo said clenching his fists. Yan Da took his hands, clasping it on her own.

"But he isn't alone now. We are here. We'll stand by his side."

Ka Suo relented, giving in to her comforting words. He sighed, lying down beside his brother. He's really tired. Not long he was fast asleep. Yan Da let out a soft laugh. Slowly, she fell asleep too.

Their soft breathing filled the room. The moon smiled. Silently watching the trio. Praying that the three would be able to surpass the trials that were waiting for them in the future.