11; We must save him

Back in Assiah, a distressed Yukio was hunched over on the bed in his hospital room.

"Nii-san... I will save you... I'll go for you. "

Yukio's mind was jumbled up like a jigsaw puzzle, his mind only focusing on what happened a day before. It was his incompetence. His failure of keeping his promise with Shiro.

"Oh stop it, would you? You've been thinking nothing but that since yesterday when we found you in the fucking room unconscious with Satan's flames! It was a chore to save you, be grateful and stop sulking here! " Shura ordered, annoyed by Yukio's distressing state.

"How's Kuro? "

"He's fine, sleeping. "

"The Vatican? "

"The Vatican... Huh? They're lost like stray dogs, worried that Rin would turn on them. His execution might be possible, though. "

Yukio nodded thankfully for the information.

"Hey teach! "

"Hi, Yuki-chan! "

Shiemi, Bon, Shima, Kamiki, and Konekomaru pushed the door open to see Yukio and Shura in the room.

"Hey... Try to knock. " Shura muttered.

"Yeah, yeah, whatever! " Bon commented, not giving a care.

"Rin.. Will he be fine? " Shiemi asks, without getting an answer.

"Hey, she's asking if Okumura would be alright! Answer us! " Bon hissed.

"We can't say for sure. While we're talking, we have no idea of what's happening to Nii-san. Sorry... It's all my fault. "

Everyone looked down. Rin's grin... The times they spent together...

"It's... Not your fault, Yuki-chan. "

"We have to save him..." Shima muttered gloomily.

"That's stupid, Shima! We are just mere humans, and going all the way to Gehenna, what will happen? You've seen how the miasma here in Assiah affected all of us humans! What do you think it'll be like in Gehenna? It's literally a while world of miasma in there! And what do you plan to doing going there? Go bust Rin out? How? Can you beat Satan? Are you going to let yourself get consumed by the godamn demons there? " an outraged Shura started blabbering out what's obvious. They can't. Yet they want to.

"No... Rin is our friend! He's saved us countless times, friends should help each other! He... Saved mother's and my relationship... Without him, we might still be on edge with each other! I'm definitely going to save Rin! " Shiemi spoke up, tears streaming down her pale face. Everyone knew. They wanted Rin to be saved. Yet, they also knew. They are not able to help.

"No... Don't go. Your lives are too precious to be sacrificed for nothing. On top of that, how are you going to open the gate to Gehenna? It's not easy. Dream on. I know that all of you are trying to save nii-san, and I'm grateful for that. But don't. Nii-san won't be happy. "

Everyone stayed silent. They knew. They knew about their incapability. But humans are greedy, aren't they? They wanted Rin to return safe and sound, right next to them like normal.

Okumura-kun... Kamiki thought, thinking of how he had saved her best friend, Paku. Him giving up his shirt for her, even though it stinked.

Everyone there had a strong desire. For the safe return of Rin.

"I know how all of you feel. I, too, want to save Rin from that blue flame-y lunatic! But, let me just stress on this again, we are just mere humans! What can we do? " Shura interrupted. It was rare to see her breaking down like that.

"We are going to! "

"What? "

"I don't care, we have to save Okumura-kun! " the silent Konekomaru 'made his appearance'. He thought of how Rin had saved his hometown and protected the lives of many. Sure, he's the son of Satan, but he's also a human!

"Don't be stupid. " Kamiki muttered. Despite her wanting to save Rin as much as the others, she knew this wasn't possible.

"Like I said, how are all of you going to open the fucking gate to Gehenna?! " Yukio burst out, not able to contain his composure again. Everyone's mouth gaped open. It was rare to hear Yukio swearing. No... More like it never happened at all.

"Hey... Teach, you snapped? " Bon enquired, with a tinge of 'mockingness' lingering in his tone.

"Rare to see that, chicken. "

Despair. Yearning for power. Greed. Protectiveness. That might just sum up all of the emotions in the room at the moment.

Oops this was the longest chapter I have written, still aiming to write longer ones as I realised that my chapters are a tad too short and a little un-entertaining, I'm planning to improve more and write better chapters, please look forward ',:)