17; You can't execute him

"Nii-san. You'll have it back. " Yukio sat by Rin's side and called out to Rin's flames.

"Your master's back, come out. "

"We could tell as much as that, Okumura Yukio. " A monotonous deep voice reflected off the walls of the enclosed room.

Flames rose out of Yukio's body and contained itself in a small, shiny blue gem. It was helpful, to be able to contain the flames like that. Yukio reached out to Rin's left hand and placed the gem on it protectively, using another one of his hands to tighten Rin's hand around the small dainty little gem. Blue flames exploded from it and Rin's still body welcomed the flames heartwarmingly.

"Ah, this feels much better in our actual master's body. We thought we we're going to die these past weeks! "

"Nii-san... Welcome back. " Yukio formed a small smile on his gloomy face. He had saved Rin. He had taken Rin back. Rin is his family. He would never let anyone take Rin away.

The door slammed against the wall loudly, revealing Arthur Auguste Angel, with his right foot raised. How crude, to kick open a door like that.

"Okumura Rin's execution is scheduled. I'll be taking him. "

"No! Get away! I'm not letting you! "

Yukio went all the way to save Rin, only to have him executed? Yukio wasn't going to allow it.

"You're in the way. Know your place, Middle First Class Exorcist, Okumura Yukio. Don't forget that you're also the son of Satan. You have to rights to act like this. This is the order of the Vatican." Arthur used the side of his sword, Calibur, to slam Yukio aside.

"Stop it, baldy. Why are yer so desperate to carry out the Vatican's orders so orderly? " Shura made her appearance by the door, glaring at Arthur menacingly. Arthur took a small look at her and turned away, proceeding to complete his mission. He grabbed the motionless Rin by his collar and dragged him past Shura.

"Hey. I'm not letting this brat get executed, hear that? I'll stop yer and the Vatican. "

"Why are you so protective of him? Fallen for him? And, for the thousandth time, I'm not bald. Please get that right. "

"Talking shit as ever, baldy. "

Arthur walked away quietly and turned a key into a random door, to the Vatican prisons.

Arthur turned his eyes sideways to find Shura following him behind.

"I believe I gave you no permission to follow me here. " Arthur said dully while pushing open a cell door and throwing Rin inside violently, and shutting him inside.

"I'm here so I can talk to the Vatican. Like I said, I'm not letting that brat get executed, just because of some shivering cowards. "

"Hmm? Interesting. Follow me. The Grigori were just about to discuss your dear little demon's execution. "

Shura stood, mouth gaping. Arthur had always stuck to the rules, there was no way he would permit it. Nonetheless, she followed Arthur through a door, which he had opened with a special key, to the courtrooms.

"Arthur Auguste Angel? I believe we had not invited you here. Your job was only to bring Satan's child to the great prison... Kirigakure Shura? That's a presence worth being surprised for. " One of the Grigori spoke up, catching eye of the duo entering through the entrance.

"My apologies, for not sticking to the rules. I believe you'd like to hear Kirigakure Shura's speech. " Arthur took a bow before the Grigori.

"I believe yer execution of Okumura Rin was too hasty. " Shura spoke in a harsh tone, forgetting the formalities.

Murmurs enchoed in the courtroom.

"What does she mean? He's the child of Satan! "

"What? Who knows what happened when he was in Gehenna! "

"This is a ruse! Satan and that child must be planning to overthrow the Vatican! "

"Silence! " One of the Grigori ordered, slamming a hammer down twice.

"Might emphasizing, Kirigakure Shura? "

"Haven't yer been convinced? That kid swore right here to become the best exorcist, to become a Paladin. Him simply being captured by Satan doesn't mean his betrayal. Yer people gotta be opening your eyes wider and observe this situation. That kid was saved after bein' stuck in Gehenna, after being possessed by Satan. If he truly wanted to return to Gehenna, why would Satan lock him in a cell and restrain him? Yer really hafta think properly. "

Angry shouts sounded in the courtrooms. Some agreed, some opposed. Some downright disagreed with Shura.

"Silence! " The same Grigori spoke.

The courtroom quietened down, but it was no doubt that some were still pissed.

"If you really insist that he is not a threat... Arthur Auguste Angel, bring him in. "

"Yes, I shall do what I am ordered to. " Arthur replied composedly, despite his mouth hanging open that Shura's speech actually worked out... Just a little.

Arthur left, returning only a minute later with Rin trailing behind him. He tossed Rin in front of the Grigori and bowed, "Here he is. "

"He's not even awake. "

"What's he doing? "

"Is he acting? "

"What a horrendous monster! "

The noise of displeased people stirred Rin up. The blinding lights from the chandelier blinded Rin from his being used to darkness due to closing his eyes for a long time.

"Where... Am I? " The lights hurt, but Rin quickly got used to it. Talk about waking up at the right time...

"Okumura Rin. Is it true that you have spent a month in a cell in Gehenna? "

"Yes..."

Rin's face turned pale, thinking of what he was forced to eat daily. Small little roasted Coal Tars... Mashed Coal Tars... Hey, he was still half-human, how could he eat that?!

"Is it true that Satan had forcefully brougt you there? "

"Yes. "

"Mind giving us the details of your confinement in Gehenna? "

"I was locked in a cell, and did nothing. "

Shura facepalmed. Well that's obvious, you dumbo!

"See? This kid 'ere wasn't going to Gehenna to overthrow Assiah to be some Demon King stuff, he was caught and brought there! Yer still wanna execute this diamond in the rough? Do yer not remember him defeating the Impure King and saving many? He's going to be a great lift for us to defeating Satan. Are you sure yer gonna execute him and missin' this chance? " For a moment, Shura sounded like Mephisto, who had been here months ago, standing up for Rin and making a wager with the people present.

The courtroom burst out in confusion. They did not know which to choose, risk or not?

Rin, still supporting his tired out body by his arms and legs, clenched his fists tightly. This was happening again. Can't they just stop?

The Grigori turned to each other and muttered silently.

After what seemed to be a decade, one of the Grigori spoke up.

"We shall take up your wager with Okumura Rin once again. However, should he do anything against us, we shall not hesitate to make a move. "

Haisss guys I can feel my fan fiction getting dull already, here's me thinking about some plot twists and having nothing come up, dammit. Any suggestions? Just type it out in the comments section, it could really help even if it's just a small one. Thank you very much for reading my lameass story to this point, mann! I gotta sleep, that's where my ideas come from, lmao.