22; Because you're the son of Satan

"Nii-san... " Yukio paced up and down, his hand running through his dark brown hair. He remembered Rin's outburst in the Vatican prisons the previous day.

"Nii-san... I don't hate you, I hate myself... "

"Just stop being childish and risking your life so readily! " that thought flashed through Yukio's mind for a second.

"Mr. Okumura. "

"Doctor? How's my brother? " Yukio swung around immediately upon hearing the voice.

"He's fine, thankfully. We will be moving him back to his room."

Yukio heaved a sigh of relief.

"Yukio? How's Rin? " Shura ran forward and demanded a reply.

"Fine. "

"Yer okay? "

Yukio's vein popped. He absolutely hated it when someone asks if he was fine.

"Why wouldn't I be? " Yukio faked a wide smile.

"I'm going to see nii-san. "

Yukio turned to the direction of Rin's room, a face of determination on his face. He's gonna crush Kirina Kayato...

Yukio pushed open the door to find an empty hospital room. The wrong room? Yukio stuck his head back out and checked the nameplate. This was Rin's room, no mistake about it. Yukio panicked for a second.

"What's wrong, yer chicken? "

"Nii-san... He's not here. " he broke out in cold sweat. He had a bad feeling about this.

"D-doctor! " Yukio quickly signalled to a passing doctor.

"Yea? "

"About Okumura Rin-kun... Do you know where he is? He's currently not in his room... "

"Oh, the one who got attacked? That's strange... He's supposed to be here by now. "

Yukio's eyes widened. He dashed into the room. Clearly, the sheets were changed and the blanket was in a mess. Rin had been here. He had. Kirina Kayato? Could it be... Wait, she still had the guts to come back?

"Nii-san... Was taken away. "

"What?! "

================================

Thin, slender fingers traced around Rin's chin.

"Hey... Rin-kun... Sorry for what happened before, I was too hasty... "

Rin lay still on Kayato's wooden board. The same old way. The same old thing.

"Hey... Rin, why aren't you talking? Kayato's booored..." Kayato picked at the bandages on Rin.

Rin stared at her with neither expression nor feeling.

"Hey... The little white cloth they put around you... They're ugly... Let's take them off... " Kayato picked up a knife and sliced open the bandages harshly, leaving cuts, shallow and deep, on rin's body.

"And that's the last one... " Kayato sliced open the last bandage on Rin's feet.

"Hey... Rin-kun... You might have been wanting to ask me why I am doing this, am I right? "

"Because you're the son of Satan. "

"And Satan should die. Together with all his offspring and demons! "

"But... I suppose it's fine... To have a little fun... Before you pass away to another world... " Kayato whispered into Rin's ears seductively, "maybe it's... The perfect time to continue from where we stopped before! " she spun around to a steel table full of weapons and picked out a freshly heated steel pole.

"I'll let you... Suffer the pain... Your flames brought onto me! " Kayato's face was contorted with malice and anger.

"Kayato... Run. Mama's fine... " blue flames flickered and danced around in Kayato's eyes.

"Mama... No! Don't... Die on me! " Tear after tear trailed down young Kayato's face.

Thump. thump.

"...Papa? Mama... Mama is... Papa?"

"Hirako... What a fine child you've conceived... A perfect specimen for my experiments. "

"N-no! Stop! Father! P-please!"

"Dear... What are you doing? "

"Not so easy, Kirina Kayato. " Rin's wounds slowly closed up and a look of hatred mixed with determination pierced Kayato. Blue flames shot out brilliantly.

"You-how- it's not even a week yet! The pill isn't supposed to wear off! " Rin picked himself up from the wooden board and stood up, unfolding his pitch black wings.

Silent Rin was. Standing right in front of Kayato, he pondered over the ways to deal with her.

Grabbing Kayato's left hand with his left, he stepped aside and landed his knee on Kayato's back.

"Why? "

Kayato stayed silent. She had lost.

"Nii-san! " Yukio broke down the door and entered with a group of exorcists.

Yukio's glasses crooked and stared at Rin, mouth gaping.

"Yo, Yukio. " Rin turned his face and looked t Yukio, triumphant.

"Restraint her! " Yukio quickly shouted out orders. Exorcists ran forward quickly and held her down, while Rin released his grip gratefully.

"What happened? Wasn't the pill they fed you supposed to last you two weeks? It's not even one week yet!"

"I don't know. It just happened, I guess. "

"We neglected it. The pill we developed was before you accepted all the powers you had. It was not updated. We made a mistake. " Kayato confessed while being helped up with exorcists at her side, holding her.

"I am not Satan's son because I like it. So piss off and stop pushing this hatred to me. " Rin spoke in such a monotonous and different tone that it surprised Yukio.

"Nii-san... You've changed. "

my mind is blank help

sorry for not updating for a week this story is getting dull :')

~running out of ideas and dying off~

-shroudedbyshadows