Chapter 1.

Shit.

I roll my eyes, turning my alarm on my phone off. I check the time and let out a frustrated moan. Time to go to school.

Everyday is a struggle. Waking up. Getting out of bed. Going to school. Just the thought of dealing with the shitty people and asshole teachers makes me cringe.

I sleepily walk to the washroom. Dragging my feet. I go in and wash my face, brushing my teeth and hair. Then I go back to my room and but on some black ripped jeans and a cropped dark green sweater. I tie my dark brown hair up into a ponytail and look at the ends, pondering dying them purple.

I put on some mascara and lipgloss then grab my bag and phone heading downstairs. I walk into the kitchen, the second my little brother Micheal sees me he runs to me giving me a hug.

"Hey buddy" I say rubbing his hair. He looks up at me and smiles.

"Hi Jess." He runs back to the table to finish his cereal.

"Hey Jason." I say to my other brother. He looks up and smiles at me. He's about to say something when a screech comes from behind me followed by little running sounds. I spin around and smile. And bend over prepared to catch her. She runs and jumps into my arms.

"Heyy Maddy!" I say picking her up and swinging her around a few times before placing her down.

"JJ!" She screams, I hate the nickname but she's the only one allowed to use it. Then she
goes over to my mom whose making her a bowl of lucky charms. I walk over and give my mom a kiss on the cheek. She gives me a sweet smile. It's so good to see her smile.

I grab a granola bar and spin around walking to the front door and grabbing my high cut white converse, slipping then on.

"Leaving so soon?" I here Ryan say. I smile and turn around.

"Aw does someone miss me?" I tease elbowing him in the ribs. I'm about to walk out the door when he grabs my wrist. I turn around and he looks at me sadly, he bends down and whispers in my ear "You okay darling?"

I smile. He's so sweet. He cares so much and listens when I need to talk. He's so much better then my birth father. Ryan is my step dad. Him and my mom Bella met when we were in a shelter almost two years ago. Micheal and Maddy are his kids. Not my real siblings. Micheal is 9 and Maddy's 8. Jason is my real brother. He's 11.

"Yeah I'm good." I say before leaving. I walk down the driveway and head towards my best friends house. Like I do every morning. Me and Trip have been friends for around three years. (Her name is Tiffany but she thinks it's too girly)

When I get there I don't bother knocking and just walk in. Waving hi to her dad whose on the couch. I walk upstairs to her room and barge in yelling "BOO!"

She jumps back and screams. Then looks at me and we both start laughing.

"DUDE What the hell!" She wheezes from laughing so hard and I plop on her bed. When we both calm down she grabs her bag motioning that she's ready.

As we are walking to school she links her arm through mine and starts skipping, dragging me with her.

I met Trip in grade nine. We took the same singing class at school and I didn't know anyone. I sat in her seat, not knowing it was hers since I came late in the year. She glared at me the whole class. We started talking and slowly got closer.

It wasn't until a girl who I thought was my best friend stabbed me in the back. A long story for another time, but Trip was there for me. She held me when I cried. And stood up for me when my anxiety wouldn't let me speak. We opened up to each other and realized we shared the same demons. The same social shyness. The same everything. We were like two half's of one person. Trip is my twin. Not by blood but by heart.