Chapter 2.

I plop on my bed sighing heavily.

"Trip I don't know who he is. But he's fucking gorgeous." I say into my phone hearing her laugh on the other end.

"Maybe he's new to our school? Point him out tomorrow. But I have to go now, homework. Bye, love you."

"Love you too." I say and hang up. I hear a soft knock on my door and stand up opening it.

"Hey mom." I smile at her. She comes into my room and sits down on my bed.

"What's up?" I ask her slightly confused. She's usually busy right now and we don't get time to talk until later.

"I just have to talk to you about something hun. Me and Ryan booked our vacation for next week, but we were talking and decided we don't want to leave you the burden of watching your three siblings for a week all alone. They are going to stay at nana's house for the week and you can have the house to yourself." She says smiling at me. I feel myself getting excited. A whole week without parents or little kids running around!

I go to my mom and sit beside her giving her a big hug.

"That sounds so great!" I say slightly bouncing up and down on the bed. She laughs.

"I'm glad your happy." She says her hand cupping my hand. I place my hand over hers.

"I'm glad you're happy." I say. She's been through so much. Years of fighting with my father. So much fighting. All while trying to take care of me and Jason.

"I love you mom." I say pulling her into another hug.

"I love you too baby." She whispers into my hair before leaving my room.

~~~~~
"Jess! Dinner!" I hear Ryan yell. I run downstairs suddenly feeling so hungry. I hop into the kitchen and sit down at the table.

"Whats for dinner?!" I ask. Ryan looks at me and smiles, he knows my love for food.

"I made burgers on the grill before it gets too cold outside." He says placing a plate in front of me with a burger on it. It's got all the toppings I eat, nothing missing, nothing too much. I smile up at him in thanks.

When dinners over I go to the living room seeing Micheal and Jason playing video games. Maddy is playing with her dolls in the corner.

I walk to the boys, annoying them by standing in front of the tv and laughing when they yell at me to move. Then I walk over to Maddy pushing back some blonde hair that fell into her eyes. She looks up at me with the sweetest blue eyes. I give her a kiss on the forehead and leave the living room heading upstairs to do my homework.

Sometimes I wonder why I can put on a mask so easily. I walk around with a smile on my face when I really I just want to curl in a ball and die. But my family has been through so much in the past that I don't want to burden them with my mental problems.

It's just when I'm alone in my room. With nothing but my music. My mind starts wandering. Back to memories. Back to the sadness and hurt I felt on a constant for so many years. I close my eyes and take a breath.

I go to sleep that night, thinking about how my life is better now. But it doesn't stop the memories from floating into my mind.

~~~~~
One second I'm in Trips room, sitting on her bedroom floor and laughing at some stupid video, the next I'm falling.

Falling into nothingness.

Everything around me is black and I let out a scream. I close my eyes tight waiting to hit the ground but never do. I slowly open my eyes and stand up looking around. I can't see anything.