Chapter 9.

It's been about a day and a half since I've seen Sam. After our kiss we went inside and had a fun time with Trip and Dakota. But immediately after Sam was gone they questioned me intensely. I had no choice but to tell them what happened.

Sure, I'm happy about what happened between Sam and I. But I barely know him and I feel like it's moving too fast. It's just, I wish I had thought it through before kissing him. It's something so special between two people, yet I don't even know his last name.

But being the chicken that I am, I'm so afraid to tell him that. I don't wanna see the look of disappointment on his face.

I'm at my locker when I get a text from Trip telling me she's sleeping over tonight since my parents are gone for a week and I have the house to myself. I laugh and type a quick reply. When I close my locker I look down the hall and my heart stops. How am I supposed to take it slow with him when this happens every time I lay my eyes on him...ugh.

He sees me and smiles, walking my way.

"Hey Gem." He says leaning down to kiss my cheek. I blush a little and smile back at him.

"Hey, um, can we talk?" I ask nervously. I just have to come out a say it. He looks down at me and his face drops, seeing that something is wrong.

"Yeah of course, what's up?" He looks down at me worried.

"It's just, well, we agreed to go slow right? And I don't really think making out behind a coffee shop is taking it slow, so I,"

"Hey, it's okay. I was thinking the same thing. How about I take you on a date? Tomorrow night?" He says putting his finger under my chin so I'm looking at him. I nod my head and blush again.

"Okay, I'll see you later." He leans down to kiss my cheek, but stops.

"Is this okay?" he whispers, his breath fanning my neck sending a shiver down my spine. I nod my head and he smiles, gently kissing my cheek, letting his lips linger a bit longer be for he walks away.

~~~~~

Sometimes I just get this overwhelming feelimg, almost like I'm over thinking everything in my life, and hating it. It makes me feel extremely sad. Makes me want to cry. But, usually it happens when I'm laying in bed at night in the dark and I can't sleep. So when the teacher calls my name, I look up, completely for getting I was in math class.

"The bells rang Jessica. Go home." She says shaking her head. I get up and grab my bag.

"Sorry Ms.Johnson." I head out and toward my locker. Struggling to put these thoughts away.

I can't stop thinking about Sam. There's something about him that pulls me in, but I want to run away. I'm scared. Scared of getting hurt again.

Scared of falling in love again.

This whole thing between us is like a cliche romance book. The guy helps the girl. They fall helplessly in love. But it's not love..at least, not yet.

I make it to my locker and find Trip standing there smirking at me. I turn to open my lock.

"Why do you look so michevious?" I ask her.

"I ran into Sam today." She says. I raise an eyebrow at her.

"Oh yeah?" I respond acting normal. When really his name causes immediate butterflies in my stomache.

"Yup. He told me something." She pauses and I wait for her to continue.

"His schedule was fucked up, they changed it. He's in one of my classes and like two of yours." She says and I stop. I look up at her but before I can say anything I feel an arm drape over my shoulders. I look up to see who it is, only to find Sam. He smiles down at me,

"Hey Gem." He whispers. I blush and mumble a small hi.

"Mind if I walk you guys?" He asks looking to Trip.

"Nope." She says smiling at me and I resist the urge to slap her.

"Lets go." I say leading them towards the front door, Sam keeping his arm around me.

"So how was you guy's day?" Sam asks. I look to Trip in a way of telling her to answer first.

She starts answering and as she telling about some guy in her science class, Sam leans down to whisper in my ear.

"Do you want me to move my arm?" He asks. I smile up at him and shake my head.

"No, I like it here." I whisper back and he lightly chuckles.

"Quit being so lovey dovey. Its gross." I hear Trip say and turn to laugh at her.

"Jealous?" I ask smiling.

"Nope. I've got someone else on my mind. But she's not here and I don't like third wheeling." Trip scoffs. I chuckle and roll my eyes.

"If you don't mind me asking, your gay?" Sam suddenly says looking over my head to Trip.

She looks shocked by the question at first, but quickly recovers.

"Would it be a problem if I was?" She asks defensively. I don't blame her. If he couldn't accept her, I wouldn't continue talking to him. He laughs in response and shakes his head.

"Of course I don't have a problem with that. I'm not homophobic. I'm just wondering." He smiles. And I can't help but raise my eyebrows at Trip, this guy keeps getting better.

She gives him a genuine smile.

"Well in that case. I'm not sure. I think so, but I'm still figuring it out." She says truthfully and he nods.

"That's cool."

We joke around a bit more, Sam never once removes his arm from around my shoulders, and I lean into him as we walk. When we get to my place is the only time he drops his arm.

"Well I'll let you ladies habe your fun. Call me later?" Sam asks me. I nod my head and smile.

"I'm gonna go inside, later dude." Trip waves to Sam and leaves. I turn back to Sam, looking up into his beautiful ocean eyes.

He takes a step towards me, putting his hands on my waist. He leans his face down to my ear,

"I really wanna kiss you. But only if you want it too." He whispers, making me shiver.

"I want to. But we said slow. Sorry." I give him a smal smile. He doesn't seem hurt by this at all.

"Goodbye hug Then?" He asks. I nod my head and wrap my arms around his neck, his around my waist.

He buries his face in the crook of my neck, placing a small kiss there. We pull apart and he steps away.

"Bye Gem."

I turn around and walk into my house, a stupid smile on my face.

I haven't felt this way in years.

~~~~~