Story time.

There's a girl walking down a long driveway. About a mile long at least.

The girl, from a distance, seemed fun and cute. She wore her hair short, its color brown. But In the bright afternoon sun, you could see the red that danced through it. A beanie with a happy rain deer face and a red Pom Pom for the nose was pulled over her messy hair. A pair of blue glasses sat on the bridge of her nose.

She wore a woolen sweater with an owl wearing glasses on the front, a sparkling black scarf around her pale neck, a pair of black leggings, and a pair of fuzzy boots. A backpack (hinting she had just gotten back from school) bounced on her back. A phone with a little monster for the phone case was tucked into her waist band, a pair of headphones jutting out. The girl was connected to her phone by her earbuds.

There was a faint buzzing coming from the girl as you got closer. Her music was playing way to loud to be healthy. She hummed along to the melody of the song.

Though she was dressed perfectly for this cold winters day, she still shook like a leaf during a storm. 

The girl then started to sing. She had been told by many people, her teachers, her parents, her siblings, her friends, her ex, that she had a beautiful voice.

She didn't believe any of them.

She sang softly and sweetly.

"I'm never gonna look back, woah, I'm never gonna give it up. No, please don't wake me now." She sang, though her voice shook. It almost sounded like she was crying. Though, how could someone look as bubbly and cute as her, and singing such a happy song be sad? It's impossible. It must be a tick of the wind.

"This is gonna be the best day of my life." She continued to sing, her shoulders now shaking. As you get closer, you can see the fat tears falling down her pale cheeks. Her olive green eyes are dark with pains no one understands.

"This is gonna be the best day of my life..." She slowed to a stop, right in front of a large oak tree. She walked to the tree, dropped her bag, and sunk down. She leaned on the tree, hugging her knees to her chest and putting her head on her knees.

"This is gonna be, this has gotta be... the best day of my life..." She cried, her sleeves slipping down just a fraction of an inch.

Though that was enough.

Scars covered the girl's arms.

She shuttered at the sudden cool breeze and covered her wrists again.

She cried.

She tried to stay quiet, not wanting to worry anyone who might be passing by.

She didn't like troubling other people.

That's probably why she was nominated the local nice girl in her friend group. Always there to help, and never complaining about herself.

She pulled out her phone, wanting to distract herself. She opened her phone, then opened Wattpad.

She wanted-- no, she NEEDED to talk to someone.

She messaged someone.

@Ducking_Hell says- Heyy

@(someone) says- heya, Duck! How are you?

The girl paused. She then sighed.

@Ducking_Hell says- Great. This is the best day of my life.

The girl sighed and continued to cry softly. She'd tell someone later.

She spent the next ten minuets reading the person going on about how amazing their day was, and reading to another person rant.

That's what she was. The shoulder to cry on, the ear that'll listen to all your stories.

Finally, she logged off.

Nothing.

She still felt nothing but pain.

She tucked her phone away and continued to walk. She wiped her now red and puffy eyes on her sleeves and put on the biggest, fakest smile you'd ever see on someone.

She remembered all the people she made smile by pretending to be happy and used that as fuel.

The story you just read is 100% real. It just happened today. And if you're still wondering who that poor girl is, look at the username a few paragraphs ago, then look at the author of this book.

Have a nice day.

-Duck