chapter 3

"You never know what feature holds for you.. But one thing for sure that at the end.. your wait and your patience will be worth.."

Murthy house

It was quarter past 5 when I reached home. Rishu was sitting on the couch with a grumpy face & having the snacks which chachi had prepared for us.The reason for his grumpy face is that we don't remember his birthday. He was trying every possible way to give clues for us which would make us remember his birthday but none worked.Poor boy!

I went straightaway to my room to freshnup.

As the hospital smell was still lingering around me.I couldn't stand by that odor. Hospital has not given me any good memories though for no one it does. But I have many memories related to hospital.

Soon I freshed up and came out of washroom to find rishu fiddling with the calendar which was on my study table.

Nandini:rishu what are you doing here?

I asked horrified as I had hid the greeting, which I had made for him, in drawer of the table

Rishab:woh Chachi tumhe bularahi thi!! so I came here to call you

He was startled because of my reaction

Nandini: ha....haa 2 minute mein arahihu Tu..tum jao

I said as I fumbled with the words

Rishab: I am going na...Tum mujhe bhagha Kyu rahiho?

Nandini: Mujhe dress change karna hai isliye Tum jao!!

He was about to exit my room but he turned & called me

Rishab:Di tumne calendar pe red pen se mark Kyu Kiya hai??Or woh bhi parso ki date pe.

Oh cute little boy is giving me another clue for his birthday!!

what should I answer now??

Nandini:Ha Woh assignment submit Karne ka last date hai isliye mark Kiya tha!!

Wow!!! what a excuse nandu.

The little smile which was on his face till now had vanished.Actually,I had marked his birthday on the calendar.But couldn't give him a clue that I remember his birthday!!

Rishab:Hmm tikhe jaldi ana...niche.... chachi bularahi hai.

Then He moved downstairs.I changed into casuals & moved downstairs to have snacks...

I settled on dining chair & started having snacks which was kept served.

Rishab had moved back to his room.Chachi who was in kitchen came to me.

Chachi(whispered):Nandu tune sari saman layi Kya?

Even I whispered back.

Nandini:Ha Chachi I brought.

Chachi:Par saman kaha hai??

Ab mein Kya bolu Chachi ko!!

Aiyaapaa tune mujhe kaha phasaya!!!

Apko ko maza atha hai na mujhe phasake.