Chapter 9

Golden Towers- Manik's flat

Nandini pov

We were back from Maya's flat after lunch.I kinda loved their company a lot. They were very sweet to me. They didn't let me feel out of the place. Though I was nervous but after spending some quality time with maya and aunty, it washed away.

Manik excused himself that he wanted to send some important emails. He had a study room of his own. It had a glass opening so everything was visible. He switched on his laptop and got involved in his work.

I got some alone time for myself. Somewhere I was still disturbed that his life is in danger. These past 5 months without him have made me realize that my life is literally nothing. Without him I would be a soulless body who just knew how to breathe. I couldn't afford to lose him again. Manik and maya both had assured that nothing will go wrong and they would take care of everything. But the havoc it created in me seems to be unsettled. Thinking more about it made me more anxious. I just wanted to divert my mind. 

I felt thirsty so I searched for a jug of water but found it empty. I took it and went downstairs to fill it up. On the way back I found my bag which I had left in living room.I picked it up and came back to his room.

He was still busy in his work so I thought to pass my time by surfing on phone. I took out my phone but our MaNan bracelet tagged along with it. I couldn't help but smile at it. It brought most of the sweet memories of us . It was one which made me believe that miracles do happen. I held it in my hand and kissed it hard. I had tears of happiness in my eyes. It is and will be the most important thing to me as it has part of me and manik and even the most precious gems can't replace it. I took it and moved towards the study room which was just beside his room.

I knocked on the glass door of his cabin. He slightly glaced at me and nodded giving me permission to enter. 

Manik: Nandini you no need to knock on the door...you are free to enter my space anytime and anywhere ok.

Nandini: Accha thike woh chodo manik..... mujhe tumhe kuch dena hai.

I stood opposite facing him with the table in between. I had the bracelet in my fist at the back. 

Manik: Kya nandini...?

He said still engrossed in his work.

I just wanted his attention but he was too focused on his work. 

Nandini: Manik baad mein kaam karona... Now spend time with me.... come chalooo.

I tried once again so that at least now he could pay me some attention.I went near him and tried to pull him. But he didn't move an inch.

Manik: Ha ok nandini baas 2 minute hogaya kaam...phir I am all yours.

I was soo pissed, I wanted to spend time with him but he had his soo called important work.

I turned around and stood near the glass door cursing about him to aaiyapaa.

Manik: Uff hogaya....and ha what you wanted to give?

He said getting up from his chair.

I waited for at least  20 minutes 35 seconds standing at the door but then he comes to me as if nothing happened.

Nandini: Kuch bhi nahi...Jao tum kaam karo...

I moved out settled on the sofa which was just Infront of his cabin. He followed me and sat beside pushing me and making space for himself.