Chapter 6

Nandini pov

" Golden towers "

It was the name of the apartment where manik was staying which was written with gold plated letters on the compound wall. It had high walls which made it difficult to see the building from outside. It had well maintained garden surrounding it. Street lamps were set all along the path. Inside atmosphere gave a complete different outlook all together. 

Its the one of the costliest apartments in Mumbai. It had 13 floors altogether. Everything about it screamed money and luxury. As mumbai is the main hub of celebrities and businessman who needed such apartment and villa which could provide privacy and security. Golden towers was one of that.It had tight security. There were 3 to 4 security guards near the entrance itself. Manik's flat was on the 11th floor.

We parked the car in the basement and made our way to the lift. He pressed the button for ground floor.

Nandini: manik tumara ghar 11th floor par hai na par hum ground floor kyu jarahe hai.

Manik: Ab tum regularly visit karogi na toh.

Nandini: tohhh...

Manik: tohhh tumara naam visitor ki register mein enter karna hai isliye hum jarahe hai.

He raised his one of his eyebrows while repeating the words. 

Nandini: ohhh....

We registered my name in the register then headed towards his flat.

There were four flats per floor. The corridor gave the feel of walking in the garden as it had artificial grass spread over. The walls were painted with a sunny shade of yellow. His flat was one in the left corner. There were some potted plants near the door with some creepers surrounding the grill which guarded the main door.

We rang the bell and a house boy opened the door,who was well dressed in a proper uniform. He acknowledged us with a smile and then went away to complete his work. There was a small passage which led to the living room.  

Manik: Nandini just stick around I will change and come then will have breakfast ok

Nandini: Ya ok.

Manik: And ha order anything you want they will make it for you.....ok.

Nandini: Ha ha ok you go and come fast.

I shooed him away as I was observing the surroundings.

Manik: Nandini.

Nandini: Hmmm..

I answered him still busy in looking around.

Manik: How will I go??

Nandini: chalke manik

Manik: oh mujhe pata hi nahi tha